Ben

CX-One 1.1 uninstall/reinstall problems

20 posts in this topic

Hi All, I installed CX-One V1.1 few months back. Everything was working well till I wanted to connect to NS-12 and download a project. Whenever I tried "transfer to PT" it gave a message "unable to process CX-Server..." I contected Omron tech-support and I was advised to uninstall CX-One, CX-server and CX-server management tools. At the end of uninstall process (during which it gave various confusing messages like installing files...registering new installs etc..etc.., I wasn't installing believe me.) it said "ROLLING BACK ACTION" .. and the un install wasn't finished. Now this happened cuple of times, I tried to uninstall cx-server and server management tools. That happened without a fuss. I was given CX-server cleaner software by omron, used that and cleaned up everything of cx-server. Now the real problem started, I can not uninstall the CX-one. Re-install is also not working. I cleaned up registry manually but it doesn't delete couple of Fins gateway components like AmFinsRemote & AmShmem. I tried to install again and again but it's not working. Any solutions?

Have you tried the repair option which you get when choosing to uninstall CX-One from the Add/Remove programs section ? Perhaps you can use Win XP restore ? On your own risk you can use a registry cleaner as you are already in the process of manually removing registry keys. These cleaners should be used with caution but generally find a lot more left behind registry files that you missed yourself, which may conflict with your attempts to re-install or remove CX-One. Good luck!

You could also try Norton System Works. I generally do not use Norton for everything as there are far better firewalls and virus scanners around that are not resources hogs. However, Norton Win Doctor is quite good at finding unattached entries in the registery and then fixing the problem. It will not fix all porblems but does make life a lot easier. Has a good defrag program as well.

Hi guys, Thanks for your replies, Yes I tried the repair and the XP restore options. The problem is I used the CX-server cleanup utility given by Omron. After XP restore, it showd as if everything was back, but some cx-server system files were missing. Then I tried to install an older version (5.1) of CX-programmer, that too didn't work. I had In-gear OPC server for Omron installed on my Laptop. I tried to uninstall that too and again started the installation of cx-one. The FinsGateway registry keys could not be removed. During very initial phase, it gave following error “Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform path is valid. F:\CX-server\Drivers\devicenet\1033.mst” This happened for Compoway, Devicenet, FQM1, Generic, NS-V1 and I guess for few more driver. Installation completed as fresh to my relief. though I have a new problem now, when I start cx-programmer, and open my .cxp file, it says "PLC IO table A system Error Occured Save the data and close the application." When I press OK, it openes my program nicely! But when I try to go online, it says "Online operation not available for this PLC" When I go into network settings it says "Since the selected PLC is C/CV/FQM1 series, cx-integrator could not be started." However, under Tools > Options > PLC, I have correct version of PLC that is CS1H-H, CPU63!! I'm going to try a repair on CX-one right now, if you guys have any other Idea please let me know.
1 person likes this

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...t=0entry19098 I ran the standard uninstalls and then the progs on Jays link reply (post 3) Then re-installed and then manualy installed CX-Server from the CD to get my new system up and running.....

Guys, I tried everything listed above.. still same error durin CD-1 installation, everything else finishes well. a. Error Applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid. F:\CX-Server\Drivers\CS1\1033.mst When I open PLC program "PLC IO table A system Error Occured Save the data and close the application." I tried to install the drivers manually from the CD, same message about "transforms!" DO I NEED TO FORMAT MY HDD? I HATE IT! SOS

I found the solution for that nagging "error applying transform...." problem. I spent quite a few hours repairing my XP which din't work either. So I posted the question on google. I curse myself why I din't do it in the first place! There seems to be some conflict between windows installer and all these drivers. Somehow all those cleanup utilities (cx-server, finsgateway...) were not cleaning up the skeletons of all those drivers (devicenet, CS1, NS-V1 etc. and I could see them in AddRemove programs. There is a utility from microsoft that can cleanup these ghosts from installer nicely. I'm attaching it for anybody who suffers from similar problems. I can go online and things are looking better now.. Thanks for the support guys! Windows_Installer_Clenup_Utility_msicuu2.exe

No...BIG Thanks goes to You BEN... Thanks for posting back with that neat utility..... .

Had the same problem yesterday at the same time. strange... i went through endless repair of cx-one 1.1 installation and when i tried to go online CX-P says the same PLC IO Table error etc. the same as with BEN. but then i've opened CX-Server Driver Mgt Tool from Control Panel and found nothing. there wasn't any driver installed. I pressed the Add button and in CX-Server\drivers folder in installation of CX-One found all drivers. i installed one by one. i think it can't be done manually only by activating setup.exe. it has to be done through CX-Server Driver Mgt Tool. After that everything works fine without any errors. Hope this is usefull to anyone. Regards.

Tashinz, I also tried to add drivers from driver management tool, however, I still got the error applying transforms... error. The reason was, it was showing all those drivers listed in Add-remove program and in the installer clean-up utility I posted before. From add remove program, it wasn't possible to clear them, the installer clean-up did the trick!

Helo, I have similar problem with some sofware and after thet I doo next. When instal Windows and all program thet I need, and set them up, run Northon Ghoust and make ghoust off my drive.So if any problem ocure after some time simply use Northon Ghoust and roll back system to normal first installed state. This is one way...

I do not use Norton Ghost as it gets cranky with hardware changes. Acronis True Image is a better option for anyone requiring ghosting software.

To the guys using Ghost and Acronis, could you spell out for me why the standard windows restore point stuff ain;t good enough, what are the advantages using the aforementioned products ? I know windows restore has certainly gotten me out of the crap from time to time... SORRY for the tangent on this thread...

It is a Microsoft product and from past experience when things don't work, that is reason enough for me to use something else. Also, if there is a hard drive crash Windows restore point will do you no good at all. With a ghosting program you can boot from the ghosted drive which is identical to the drive you have been using and ghost to a new hard drive and you are back in business without having to re-load and setup all your programs. Up, up and away.

So as with any backup you need some sort of secondary storage HDD etc...

Yep. If your computer BIOS supports USB drives you can do it that way or you can ghost to another hard drive on the computer. I do this every week but my incremental data backups go to a Netgear Storage Central SC101 on my Ethernet network. Yes, I do use Ethernet for some things. I have the Storage Central, Konica Minolta 5430 DL colour printer, Fuji Xerox 205 B/W printer (A4 and A3) and a Brady thermal transfer label printer on Ethernet. The A0 plotter is on parallel and a Canon inkjet on USB (to print CDs). Also a floating cable for my laptops. One word of advice for anyone putting printers on an Ethernet network, foget about BootP or DHCP as printers do not like it. Found out the hard way when the printers would not work. They generally require fixed IP addresses.

Hi Friends, My nightmare is not over yet Jut a quick flashback.. After cleaning up the registry by "windows installed clenup", installed all the drivers manually and everything looked well, could connect to CS1, NS12 etc... Then suddenly it started loosing the connection, that failed to connect red bar at the bottom of cx-programmer starts blinking. I am using ethernet, I thaught vulnerability of ethernet is showing up its face. However, I faced the same problem when I went online through Hostling port on CPU, using Omron cable. Goes online..stays for a while and kaboom..Nada. When it looses connection, my CPU usage becomes 100%, I have to close the CX-one through Task manager, and on the restart of the application, if I try to go online..Same thing..hangs everything. When I restart the Laptop, It starts working again, for a while.... OK.. So I uninstalled everything again, used CX-server cleaner, Fins gateway cleaner, windows installer cleaner and re-installed everything again. the whole process was smooth and I felt it over now. But not so soon it seems... Now, I'm running WindowsXP, SP1...Ya I always think SP2 is going to screw up all the AB, Siemens, Omron, Mitshbishi.. and lot more installations I have. But I believe I'm stretching it a little too far. A word of advise, OK to use SP1 or move over to SP2 would be appreciated. Time to Format???

Ben, if you have any software that monitor IC port, bluetooth or a mobile phone software that can do damage, like the Nokia 6230i software on my laptop with WinXP SP2 did (same thing as you have). try to minimise the number of backgroud programs that resides in system tray and other that you don't need all the time. You should install SP2 don't think it would do any harm. regards Edited by tashinz

I really have had no problems at all with SP2 and all the updates since then. The only thing I had to do was turn off the firewall. Do you have AB software on the laptop as well? I remember a thread somewhere where it was suggested AB software should be started as a service because it caused problems with other software.

I shut down windows xp sp2 firewall but always use zonealarm pro. after initial request to allow cx-programmer or other communicating software to access the network there is no other problem wiht zonealarm. don't know how it is with windows firewall, i gues it is the same. regards to all.