Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve Cheung

IDEC FA-1

9 posts in this topic

Dear All, Anybody have experience in upload PLC IDEC FA-1? I need the cable interface & Software. Thanks

You should check this site.http://www.idec.com/sgen/productsupport/index.html

Hi, We have an FA-1 Junior on site. It's ancient. You have to back-up to an audio tape cassette! (Do they still make audio tape cassettes?)

Hi, can you let me know more detail what I should do? Thanks & best regards

Hi, I will look in the manual we have and report back tomorrow evening. From memory I think you have to plug a tape recorder into a handheld programming unit to back-up. The programmer has a text display that you can use to write/edit programs. FA-1 programs are/can be stored on a plug-in memory cassette (eeprom). I will get the part numbers but it's all obsolete now.

Hi, If your still interested: Computer Link: "The FA-1J can easily be linked to a personal computer to make a total control system. A standard program for IBM 5150 and 5160 personal computers is optionally available for printing out programs using a personal computer". Computer link interface unit Pt #: PFA-1U51 You can (could?) use the Program Loader (hand held programming terminal) to write/edit programs and to back them up to audio cassette. Pt # PFA-1H401RE (1K steps) or PFA-1H404RE (4K steps). We have the program loader but not the software or interface unit - didn't know they did that 'till I read the manual today. I hope this is of use to you. I've no idea where you might obtain the above items. E-bay perhaps.

Hi Gruntstripe, We have the unit with EEPROM module attach at the PLC PFA1C24R. Thanks a lot, I will try to find it at e-Bay.

Hello you can get some help from http://www.brodersen.com/ thanks

Posting an advertisement on a topic which has been silent for 3 1/2 years is typically frowned upon.