Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Fritz_frederix

Visual Basic S7-400 connection

9 posts in this topic

Hi there, Is it possible to use VB as a front end and communicate with a Siemens S7-400 (CP443-1?)? At our plant we are using WinCC for visualisation, now for a new application I should need about 8 new licenses of WinCC which is very expensive. That why I thought off VB. The only thing we have to do, when a certain production line comes in stop mode, I need to send the date and Timestamp to a SQL-server and (were the plc connection comes in) let a light flashing. Thanks in advance

Yes its possible to communicate via Tcp/Ip protocol with the Cp card . You set up an unspecified tcp connection in Netpro and use Aglsend and Aglrecive to communicate with your VBapplication.

Hm, ProTool/Pro is not as expensive as WinnCC is. ProTool/Pro supports VisualBasicScript. Best Regards Gobo

As long as you don't need popup's, listboxes, ASCII serial communication, etc.

For this ProTool/Pro is Right i think. I have seen just a few big plants that realy must juse WinCC. I can also handel Popups or anything. If you let a small Script run in the back of ProTool/Pro. But 1 Question: Why doesn´t he juse a DP-Unit to take the Signal to the Main S7-400 and let the light flash from there. Then you can send the TimeStamp with the Main WinCC . Best Regards Gobo

You can use Seimens PRODAVE for coms with VB

-------------- ENGLISH --- You can send Tags from WinCC to others Data Bases www.gratisweb.com/picol/wintag.htm www.geocities.com/piolinpiolero/picol.html Data Base like Oracle, SQL Server, SyBase, DB2, Informix, FoxPro, Access, Internet, ODBC, Paradox, dBASE, etc etc etc With my software. I'm Delphi Programer and WinCC / Step7 / Microwin S7-200 / Logo Info about me: www.gratisweb.com/picol/yo.htm i'm looking for an job opportunity --- SPANISH ----- Hola...Que tal. Mi nombre es Jorge Vélez. Deseo facilitarles la herramienta WinTag 3.0 que envía Tags de WinCC a otras Bases de Datos como Oracle, SQL Server, SyBase, DB2, Informix, FoxPro, Access, Internet, ODBC, Paradox, dBASE, etc etc etc bájala grátis de www.gratisweb.com/picol/wintag.htm

-------------- ENGLISH --- i'm looking for an job opportunity You can send Tags from WinCC to others Data Bases www.gratisweb.com/picol/wintag.htm www.geocities.com/piolinpiolero/picol.html Data Base like Oracle, SQL Server, SyBase, DB2, Informix, FoxPro, Access, Internet, ODBC, Paradox, dBASE, etc etc etc With my software. I'm Delphi Programer and WinCC / Step7 / Microwin S7-200 / Logo Info about me: www.gratisweb.com/picol/yo.htm --- SPANISH ----- Hola...Que tal. Mi nombre es Jorge Vélez. Deseo facilitarles la herramienta WinTag 3.0 que envía Tags de WinCC a otras Bases de Datos como Oracle, SQL Server, SyBase, DB2, Informix, FoxPro, Access, Internet, ODBC, Paradox, dBASE, etc etc etc bájala grátis de www.gratisweb.com/picol/wintag.htm

The only decent solution here is to use Simatic Net and the OPC Server. You're VB front end will act as a VB OPC Client, and as OPC is manufacturer independent you will be able to use it with other manufacturers PLCs. Bargain.