Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colin Carpenter

Control Logix PLC for Sale

9 posts in this topic

Have recently purchased a large stainless panel which includes a "no longer required" Control Logix PLC. This system was installed around the year 2000 (I believe) and was the control system behind a large, very complicated filling machine in the food processing industry. The machine never really worked, and was "scrapped" a couple of years ago. The PLC has sat in the control panel in a warm, dry electrical switch room until now. The 10 servo channels were "mated" to 10 SEW Eurodrive Servo Motor control units, which are also in very good condition (same panel) and are also available, though I must admit to knowing very little about servo drives. Anybody interested? The PLC contains the following components: 1 off 1756 - A10/A 10 Slot Rack 1 off 1756 - PA72/B Power Supply 1 off 1756 - L1/A (Logix 5550 Processor Unit) Cat Rev H01. Part No. 96350471 A01 . F/W Rev 3.29. Series A 1 off 1756-M2/A (1MB Memory Expansion) Cat Rev. A01. Part No. 96160872 A01 5 off 1756-M02AE/A (2 Axis Servo Modules) Part No. 90801702 B01 Series A F/W Rev 1.6 1 off 1756 - DHRIO/B (DH+/RIO Comms Interface) Part Number 96308273 A01 Series B F/W Rev 2.17 2 off 1794-ASB (Flex IO Modules) Part No. 96333271 Rev A01 F/W Rev A 5 off 1794 - OB16 Flex Output Modules 5 off 1794 - IB16 - 24VDC Sink Input Flex Modules

Do you know how much you want for them? I hate to offend you by offering a price much lower than you expect

Geez ..... just looked up the price of all this lot in the catalogue and nearly fell over backwards!! How do they get away with charging this much???? By my reckoning, the new price of all this, based on a price list I had from a couple of years ago equates to a grand total of £9,374, or based on 1.7US dollars to the pound, $15,936. It's the servo modules that bump the price up, selling for a staggering £985 each. Question is, what % of the new price is second hand stuff worth? E-Mail me if you like, I won't be offended ...... Edited by Colin Carpenter

Point to consider, what is list price...List price is like a recommended price to and end user, however this is usually discounted from distributors etc, this could be 10% or what ever. Then there is your machinary builder or integrator who inevitably get much larger discounts. Others might disagree with my reasoning but here are some points 1. There is no warrenty 2. They are seconhand 3. They are more then likely older firmware versions 4. They are 6 years old already. For a start. i would say if you wanted to move and sell them then you might be offering a 50%+ discount. Thats my 2 cents anyways.

I'm not looking to purchase, just make an observation. Almost no one pays list price for AB equipment, everbody that makes any kind of regular purchases get some discount. OEM's get a lot, end users get a little. I know 10-25% off is not uncommon. I can buy used equipment with a one year warranty from places like www.plccenter.com, for about 50% of retail. When these places buy equipment, they usually pay about 10% of retail, I checked. Since there is no warranty, IMHO the price should be less than 50%, but greater than 10%.

Also the L1 is obsolete and it's price is actually rising to discourage the purchase of them. I think they are now only offering them as replacements of existing L1s

Yes, I pretty much agree with all the observations. If I was buying second user parts, I wouldn't want to pay much more than 20% of list value (unless the item was brand new, current and still in the packaging). Guess that kinda sums it up really .....

Go to the plccenter.com and see how much they are offering for a second hand PLCs as well as price they sell it for. you get the picture.

I just ran the items thru Shop.RockwellAutomation.com and it came up to a whopping $23,000 US at list. Applying my discount to list that my distributor give me I'd pay $16,100 for brand new parts of this type. At 20% of my cost that would still be a whopping $3,200 for the set. Wish I had some petty cash left I'd love to play with this setup.