Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Crombie

GX Developer Compile

4 posts in this topic

Hello All I have an existing GX Developer program for a Q02H that I am trying to modify offline. When I try to complile it it keeps on trying to access the PLC. When it can't find the PLC (because it's not connected) it says "USB communication failure please restart", click ok, it then says "Ladder not converted, Are you sure you want to delete the unconverted ladder", yes or no. Therefore I cannot modify the program without having a PLC connected. There must be some setting somewhere thats causing this........ cheers JC

Check the mark inside youre GX Developer software under 'Tools' and 'Options' the box 'After conversion writing behavior'. Make sure the box 'Don't write to PLC' is marked. You probably (or somebody else) has saved the program last time online, or clicked the wrong button on the pop-up window when leaving the online write mode. succes

that 'Don't Write To PLC' setting is one of the most annoying things. I make sure to let people know in my classes about it and to change it back when offline.