Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest iknowsomeplc

Slc analog output fault status

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to setup redundancy for analog current output modules in SLC, but don't know how to get the channel fault information is SLC.. Is there any other way to do this??

the fault status is provided as digital bit flags. I think these vary depending on the analogue card but should be detailed in the status word assignment list for the particular card.

But SLC Analog output modules are all Class 1 type ( Some analog inputs are Class 3 type which can give channel status) and Status inputs are not available. If Fault status is not available , is there any other way to make channels redundant ?

Not all SLC analogue outputs are class 1 devices. we have been using the spectrum controls version of the analogue output card which provides 4 isolated channels and also digital status flags. This is why I asked which card you were using. Alternativly but adding cost is to loop the signal back through an analogue input card so you can monitor the actual signal that you are outputing if it is that critical.

Thanxs chris.. Are you using Spectrum controls Analog outputs in a redundant configuartion? I mean, do you configured channel redundancy with these modules? if yes, how much is the time for channel changeover?

Sorry about taking so long to reply I mist the post and must have marked it as read. When using the spectrum controls analogue outputs there is bit status for the channel so you could write in the software to change onto a different card in the event of an open circuit.