Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lchamarthi

Omron Communication Port specs

8 posts in this topic

Hi All, I heard & read on net that Omron CPU has two ports on it & In this Peripheral port is for programming & Port is for Communication with Omron Devices like Omron HMI, Temp controllers & Bar code readers..etc. Ports on COM06 for C200HG and SCU41 for CJ platform used for Other party communication means with non Omron Devices. Is it Right? Now my doubt is can I use this communication port on CPU for communicating with Other party device. If not Please clarify me the difference between Port on CPU & port on Communication module(COM06 or SCU41..)! Can I get any document to show ABOUT THE DIFFERENCE. I would like add few more points on this like I captured this below data but i couldn't able to understand. I made my image as attachment as you couldn't able to see. Awaiting the reply. Thanks & Regards LChamarthi Ports.bmp Edited by lchamarthi

The Peripheral port is not just used for programming, we have used a cf adapter to turned it into a rs232 port and connected a computer or modem to it for user interface. but I beleave that the peripheral port CANNOT be programmed via protocol macro. as for the difference between the port on the cpu and a added serial port they should be the same, both can be customized via protocol macro. oh and the scu41 has one rs232 and one rs422/485, the scu21 has two rs232 ports Please someone correct me if i am wrong. And i could not see you picture so i hope this helps. ~Andrew Edited by Andrew Ticknor

Here is a link to the CS/CJ Series Serial Communications Boards. Here is a snip from the above manual: For the CS/CJ Series, your device must speak one of the above given protocols for the communications board type port. The built in type port can do general communications and non Omron communications. For the C200HG, general and non Omron communications are possible on both the communications board type port and the built in type ports.

The COM06 board can be programmed to talk other protocols and you can develope you own to suit an application. You need CX-Protocol software to achieve this. The serial board communication manuals detail how to creat a protocol etc..... A clarification of the use of the c200 alpha ports inbuilt are that they can support Omron PLC protocols such as Hostlink, NT Link etc OR be set as what i would term as a dumb RS232 port. when set as a dumb RS232 port instructions in the ladder logic such as TXD and RXD need to be utilised and stings manipulated in the ladder logic to use them. CX-Protocol is very powerful in that you can easily construct a protocol ie Header, Address, Message, Check code, and Terminator and execute this with a single rung in PLC code.

Here is a link to the manual for the C200HW COM0x boards. C200HW-COM01 thru COM06

Hi All, Thank you for all for the information. I think its better to attach my protocol document to guide me in better way.But I strictly was not allowed to disclose the confidentialiaty.It shouldn't be long time on net if I attach. I can attach the document, later I can delete. Otherwise please suggest me the best way to send. Another way Can anybody share the folder for me? Waiting for ur kind reply. LC

Hi Everybody, I am trying to talk to the PC Hyper Terminal from PLC using RXD & TXD commands... As per the instruction help reference..Port flags are A392.05 ---for CPU RS232 port A392.13 ---for Peripheral Port & A396.05 --for Serial Comm Board Port1 After this how to proceed I am in confusion... Can anybody give hand to me.? Thanks in Advance.. Lakshmi

I would have to look at this myself to refresh my memory. But I beleive these examples should help you. TXD-RXD Quickstart Programs