Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
automatt

Displaying ASCII Panelview Plus

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I am currently working with a Controllogix processor including a 1756-DNB devicenet card. On the front of this card is a 4 character display which gives info on the module's current status. I can view these characters within RSLogix5000 by browsing to the "StatusDisplay" register and by setting the tag monitor style to ASCII, replicate the front display. What I would like to do is show this info on the HMI, but if I create a string display object reading the "StatusDisplay" register of the card I just end up with decimal equivalent of the ASCII character. How replicate the characters on the front of the 1756-DNB onto the Panelview Plus? Thanks

Can you give specifics of how you have your DNB, tag and object setup? Also is the Panelview on the Devicenet network? I am guessing you are talking about Local:2:StatusDisplay[0-3] if the DNB was in slot 2. Then if the Panelview was on Devicenet and your data was setup for DINT, let's say that the data you wish to display was mapped to Local:2:O.Data[4] you would make a character array tag to Local:2:O.Data[4] with a size of 4. Then you would use a COP instruction with a source of Local:2:S/StatusDisplay[0] and a destination of Local:2:O.Data[4] and a size of 4

TWControls thanks for the reply. The HMI is connected to the PLC via ethernet, and yes I am talking about the Local:2:StatusDisplay[0-3], and when monitored within RSLogix and style set to ASCII could read something like 'A' '#' '0' '0' for bytes 0 - 3. I have written a diagnostics page for the PLC on the HMI and thought it would be nice to mimic the 1756-DNB on the screen. So I'm guessing I do what you've explained, but just ommit the devicenet mapping. On a slightly different topic, do you know if it's possible to mimic the LED's of the CPU on the HMI? Thanks again.

Are we talking about a Standard Panelview or Panelview Plus? Neither one needs the Devicenet Map but how you are communicating with them could vary the solution. Controller LEDs can be found through GSV/SSV. Read THIS manual. Go to the GSV/SSV in chapter 3

Local:2:StatusDisplay[0] replacing the "2" with your slot number and an array size of 4 should work. I don't have a PV+ to be sure but that is the method for a Controller Address in a Standard Panelview which is similar to the PV+