Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stupidav

Virus?

7 posts in this topic

What is the story? Is there a problem with your server? This is the only site that I have been too and have been on, yet some how when I went to add a reply to a post Internetoloper.exe was installed on my computer and attempted to run and access the internet. The file was created at 12:00 AM on 04/25/06 while I was here. Can the system Admin run at least a virus scan?

Haven't had anything pop up like that here. Judging by the time I'm going to say it was time driven and not based off of where you were browsing at the time. What virus protection are your running?

Searched for info about it and came up with THIS. Looks like a blogger pissed a hacker off

I think the avatar of this site's Admin says enough....

Yes that avatar looks very mischievous. Maybe he should get one more honest looking like mine

I am not sure where it came from, but the logger on my computer shows, 12:00:32am 04/25/06 - IE6.0.2900.2180.. - Load http://www.forums.mrplc.com/index.php?act=...ply_post&f...... 12:00:39am 04/25/06 - IE6.0.2900.2180.. - Creation c:\windows\system32\internetoloper.exe Fortunatly my Firewall caught it after that. Sorry, it very well could have been a coinsidence, or a time driven thing, it just looks funny with on my logger, and I was frustrated at the time, sorry. As of 04/26/05 Norton AntiVirus would not catch it. McAfee Firewall would stop it, and the Virus scanner would catch it with a manual update. It hasn't come up again through this site, so I don't know.

Well just judging by the responses of the 18,000 members of this site to this question I'm going to say that this did not come from our great forum or the forums administrator. Edited by TWControls