Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stupidav

1756-DHRIO to 1794-ASB

4 posts in this topic

I think I am Brain Dead today, or it has just been too long since I've played with RIO. I am using a Control Logix 1756-DHRIO Ser. B going to a 1794-ASB Ser. C In the Tree, the 1756-DHRIO is fine. The 1794-ASB shows IO Faulted, Module Fault Code 16#0312 Connection Request Error: Invalid Link Address. I have the "Blue Hose" with 150 Ohm Resistor on each end with a total Length of 10 feet. Both Channel A and B are setup for RIO on the 1756-DHRIO Channel A is addressed as "01" and Channel B is "02" Status Window states "A IO SCAN, A OK, B IO SCAN, OFF LINE" (B is not connected / not being used) Channel A Light is Flashing Red Channel B Light is Off Power LED is On Green 1794-ASB Switch 1, 1=on, 2=on, 3=on, 4=on, 5=on, 6=on, 7=on, 8=on Switch 2, 1=on, 2=on, 3=on, 4=on, 5=on, 6=on, 7=off, 8=on I/O Rack number should be 0 First I/O Group should be 0 Baud should be 57.6k All LEDs are off, they turn on temporarily on power up. There is one 1794-TB3 connected with a 1794-IB8S I just can't seem to figure out what I am missing. Attached is the RSLogix 5000 file as well. test.ACD

First, remove IB8S from I/O configuretion, it has nothing to do there. Second, based on series of modules I see that all you hardware is VERY old, so it may be bad. Next, reset all routing information and channels of DHRIO using RSlinx Next try this: Turn ASB power off. disconnect blue hose from ASB, check connection between ASB and IB8S, turn power on. Local fault LED should be off. Next with power still on, remove IB8S. Local Fault light should be ON If it still off, adapter does not see the IB8S - this means one of the modules is bad. I really suspect bad ASB Edited by Contr_Conn

I finally found the problem, The problem was that the plug in connector for the RIO Network that plugged into the 1756-DHRIO was bad. At some point, some how the female prongs got streched out. I just happen to look and could visibly see the difference. I replaced the connector and it is up and running.

hi can you show me the dipswitch setting of the working one and also i try to connect to 6 "1794-asb" module, do you have the dipswitch setting for  different rack #? thanks