Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ACB1

HELP! Need RSLogix V5.50 CD

30 posts in this topic

Hello, I am looking for someone who has upgraded and has an old RSLogix 5.50 cd they would like to sell.

Hello again, This is a followup to my original post. I already have a key disk (RSLogix 500). I only need the program CD. Thanks.

You might find somebody here who has upgraded (since RSLogix 500 is now at version 7.10) and be able to do this mini-upgrade. I suppose that you're trying either to get a version that is installable on a Windows XP computer, or that you want to get support for a controller that was first supported by version 5.50. I'm curious, though, what your business justification is for not just buying a support contract that entitles you to upgrades for all your Rockwell Software products. I don't want to criticise, or start a bash thread, but I talk to a lot of customers regarding this and get a lot of reasons. Some make sense to me, some don't. What's yours ?

Thanks for the reply. I have been given some older slc equipment along with a newer pc to prototype at minimal cost. The older versions of software that accompany the equipment are no longer compatible with the newer pc (with the exception of the key disk).

I have a version of RsLogix 500 I will sell you and I will not give you the run around like others will. I will sell you a legal version of RsLogix 500, part number 9324-RL0300ENE for $1,167

Good offer from TW - If you check Shop.rockwellautomation.com you'll find that the list price on a CD shipped to you is 1167 plus shipping. Since TW appears to be covering the shipping I'd take him up on it If I needed it.

I said I would sell it, I never mention that I would even deliver it at all.

But today is a beautiful day and I am feeling charitable. The birds are singing, the trees are blooming, and all is wonderful. I'll take care of the shipping

Thank you everyone for your responses. Turns out there is another system in the division with the disks I need that are not being used. So, I will have to recall my request for any CD's. Thanks again.

Hey, that's great news. Now we know that there's a whole Division at your company who are cheapskates.

Wow, R U guys a bunch of haters or what?....sales men for A.B?

I think maybe everyone is just trying to say that we don't burn or give away illegal copies of software on MrPLC or anywhere. We all understand that we must support the software development, no matter if we like it or not. So basically if anyone is posting thinking that they are going to get software for FREE, I think the point has been made over and over, make sure your intentions are that you want to buy it, and not expect it to be pirated or illegal. Lastly, never ask for the master disk, or serial numbers here in the forums, that is stealing also. We would be very cooperative with Allen Bradley officials that look back on MrPLC for pirates. I am sure they seek you out and press charges. -

Nope, don't think any sales persons for AB have responded to this

noone asked for anything illegal... did they?

No they didn't but that what everyone is hinting around about it, and stand firm about it as well.

I do not condone anythig illegal at all, i dont copy or steal software.I think this sight provides great info from industry professionals. i look to this sight for help and info... but here is a question. Do you think A.B. provides the support for there products in a timely manor? consdering the prices they charge?

If the OP just wants the CD, couldn’t he ask his local support since he has the important part [Activation Disc?] Side note… I do not know if it is still this way or if all RS software was this way but the sample CD for the software contained the actual software and you just needed the activation disc. At least this is what I was told by local RA support a number of years ago.

I feel they provide quality support in a timely manor. What do you want, the fast answer or the correct answer? And give me a break about the prices they charge. It's not expensive, people just want something to complain about. And come to think of it if all Allen Bradley customers actually paid for support maybe it would be cheaper. They actually offer pretty good support to non paying customers which means I (paying customer) have to pay for it until the non paying customer gets a clue and realizes how cost effective it is to have a support contract. But on this last statement I probably just woke up on the wrong side of the bed and need to have my morning coffee. I'll agree with helping non support customers until they get a clue tommorrow

My AB tech support is Mrplc.com. i work for a company now where we only have 4 employees and a very small buisness owned by an individual. AB tech support contract is out of the question for us, we simply do not have the operating capitol of a big company to warrant having it. yes we would love to pay for and have a support contract but we like many other small buisnesses just simply cant afford it.

Have you checked into the "e connect" option, that's what we have, pretty cheap, but only 3 phone calls per year, but you can download all the software that's registered.

Absolutely! That's what we have too. We NEVER called them. We just want the software updates. It's been working for us now this is th second year for eConnect. I think ours is $400 for the year. If we have any problems, we normally lean on our distributor and then they create a case number for us with Allen Bradley. econnect is the way to go if you need up to date software only. -

In most of cases e-connect is cheaper than just buying software updates. And you still have email support and if necessary 3 call per year. Just keep in mind that any A-B software not included any updates unless you have support contract.

I've been using the e-connect support for about 3 years now, like you mostly for the software upgrades, our cost is roughly the same as your's. In the last 6-8 years, I've only called AB twice, so 3 calls per year is more than enough for us.

Agreed. We have multiple licences of L5, L500 and L5000 - but the e-connect pricing is not based not upon how many licences of programmng software you have - so we keep current on all of our licences for about the cost of one seat of L500. Its definitely more economical for us.

I've got TechConnect and I call AB about 4 times per month, and I stump the Rockwell tech support team about once a month LOOOOL I've still got a case # thats about a month old that they haven't figured out the answer to yet. But I get great support from my AB distributor as well as Rockwell. Its absolutely worth the money that I pay. On several of my questions they have brought out the actual designer of the module that I'm working with to help me. $ Edited by Money4Nothing