Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest John Harvey

PAC70

2 posts in this topic

I have just seen a demo of a real live PAC70 300MHz processor and CME (Cimplicity Machine Edition). It's looks impressive. My question is has anybody implemented this platform yet into a running plant? If yes I would like to know if there were any major difficulties with doing so, as far as the GE hardware and software went?

I've done it ONCE. It was pretty nice to have the HMI and PLC code all crammed into one pacakge. I was using a viewstation CE panel view two of them. One master and slave. I also had enthernet I/O. Configuration was pretty easy because I know a little bit about networks already. I was also extremly happy that I could us a 3COM Office connect modem/LAN to dial to my networked land of GE components and I was part of the network again. There was some issues of the viewstation CE not updating, meaning that I had a master panel and one slave. The slave unit was suppose to mirror the action of the master. If I changed a screen on the master, the slave did not change screens sometimes. However all in all it was pretty good. I was told my our GE rep that Machine Edition will replace VeraPro. So you might want to start getting use to it . I also like the fact that I could write little "scripts" much like VB in machine edition to handle some handshaking if I desired....