Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Jeff

Communications

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I usually work with a single SLC 500 and I have been asked to get two of them to work together. My questions are how do I set up the comms to read information from one plc to the other and also write to it using the standart DH+ protocal. How do I program the logic in Rslogic 500 to get a bit or block in one PLC to read/write to the other? Any Help would be grateful. Jeff

Check in help under RS Logix and look up MSG. It's call the Message Instruction. You can message a read or write from SLC to SLC. Generally, you can setup a word that you set bits in at, and read those into another SLC word to make decisions. Here is maybe what you need: There are TWO programs to download at this link: http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...AF?OpenDocument

Thank you very much for you help and that link really helped alot.

If the amount of data that you need to send from one PLC to the other is 1 word or less try the global status word. This has very little overhead and does not require the code that the MSG instructions do. It is a slick way of transfering small amounts of data.

Borrowed yours until I could make my own. How did you make this one???

I don't care if you use it... I took the animation from RSLogix and cut it into 10 slides, converted them to gif's and re-assembled as an animated gif.