Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ReBroker

Comms with micro logix 1000

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, Anyone know if i can communicate with a micrologix 1000 using my 1784-pmck/b communication card, and what cable i would need? If i had a 9 pin serial port i would use 1761-cbl-pm02 series b cable. Thanks in advance Rick

Not very easily. The 1784-PCMK/B supports PLC-2 direct connect, DH+, and DH485 through three different cables. None of those are a RS-232 port. You could conceivably hook up a whole network of DH485 devices and go online with that protocol and a 1784-PCM4 cable, but unless you're on a desert island full of A-B hardware. From your second statement I deduce that you lack an RS-232 port on your computer. The simplest and most reliable thing to do is get a USB to RS232 adapter. I strongly recommend the Keyspan HS-19 model. Strongly. Recommend. It's inexpensive, fast, reliable, and even works with the DF1 Autoconfig function. If you'll be hooking up to DH485 networks you'll also want to look at getting a 1747-UIC USB to DH485 adapter. Additional note: do NOT hook up the 1784-PCM6 or -PCM7 cables to the MicroLogix 1000 ! The MicroLogix serial port includes a +24 VDC pin that could damage your PCMK card (or anything else you connect) if you use the wrong cable. The PCM6 only fits the MicroLogix port if you shove really hard, but some folks have made that mistake.