Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tt-tek

Omron PLC data collection

10 posts in this topic

This java program can connect to Omron PLC either by RS232/RS422 or Ethernet TCP/IP and UDP. I use omron fins command. I can write any custom-made program that collects any data from Omron PLC. Data can be saved to database (mySQL, MSAccess, MSExcel). Attached is the program. This program is connected to the ethernet of CJ1M PLC. Contact me if you need to collect your important data from your production area to your pc in your office at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Very interesting. I have played with similar Java programming with Omron myself. I am not very proficient at Java programming but learning. A while ago I started to write a program for Host Link communications. The program was very specific for my application. I wanted to write a class for the Host Link protocol only but didn't get back to it. Did you write separate classes for your protocols? I would be interested in your source code only if you wish to distribute it.

I would be interested in seeing the source-code for something like this. I have been tinkering with something similar. Although, your post seems like its an advertisement

I was thinking the same thing. That post is his first and he hasn't replied to my reponse. My response is a week old.

Yeah, I dont like to see people abusing a helpful resource like this with advertisements or attempts to make money off of people.

Guys, common! It's not like the $$$ are being throwed in your face. Perhaps he has just made an interesting app and is looking for a market. Maybe he hasn't replied because he already got some lucrative PMs !? All I want to say is If you are interested in a response than show interest instead of preconceptions....

He could have posted it in the For Sale or Services Offered section. Please don't misunderstand my complaint. I can apprieciate his hard work and effort and wanting to profit from it. But most learning forums similar to this one usually prohibit advertising in the discussions. Administrators may correct me if I am wrong here. I was really excited about discussing Omron and Java as I have toyed with it myself. I don't look to profit from his efforts as Java programming is only a hobby of mine and most of the underlying protocols for communication are a bit over my head. I was hoping I could learn a little more about them for some personal gain in knowledge. To me that is what makes this site so great!

It seems to me that: 1. He didn't include a sample download 2. No source code was offered 3. No response to any questions about the product. 3 strikes, your OUT. spammer....but it is automation "theme" spam, so we will honor it, but it will be moved from Omron to For Sale section.

And he was on yesterday, 4-25-2006 at 1:37 pm

Hi gentlemen, Sorry for this late response. It was my first time posting on this forum. I should have posted it in the sale section, due to my purpose of posting this was to look for some contract project. tt-tek