Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coolhand

PanelView Plus question

7 posts in this topic

We just got a couple of machines with PV 700 Plus and 1000 Plus HMI's. The OEM has failed to give me the program for the HMI on one and I need to change the node address. I should be getting the Veiw ME software in a few days. My question is this -can I upload like I do with my Panel View 600's or do I need a "source code". The line will run w/o the HMI, so I don't have to worry too much there and I should be getting the file from Italy one of these days, but ..... Any tips for a new guy to these? I have done a bit of reading on other post here and I'm not getting a "warm fuzzy" about reliability. Luke

From my limited experience with the plus line you can upload from the panel without having the "source" as you call. There are a couple of steps you must go thru to get a usable editable source. It is not as intuitive or straight forward as the older PB32 was in my opinion.

It has been a while, but if my memory serves me correctly, I think you can change the node address from the Configuration Screen. I should be able to test this out in the next day or two. Just to make sure, what type of network is it on, DH+, Ethernet, ect. or what is the model number?

Thanks. It's on DH+. I have not pushed enough buttons on it yet to find the screen I need. It came in as node 0 and and the PLC as node 1. I would like to change both of these since it will be going on a network with several other processors. If I change the PLC I will need to change the configuration of the PanelView to "point" to the PLC's new address. Luke

For DH+ on a Panelview Plus, once it is initially setup in the application, you can modify the node numbers for the Panelview Plus and the target PLC from the config screen on the Panelview Plus. You have to be able to get to the config screen. If your application is autorunning, you need a goto config button in the application. Once you are on the config screen, the steps are: Terminal Settings Networks and Communications RSLinx Enterprise Communications DH+ -> Edit Driver (to set the Panelview Plus node number) The PLC listed under DH+ -> Edit Device (to set the PLC node number) If you are setting up a brand new Panelview Plus, you have to download an application with a DH+ configuration before you can access any DH+ parameters from the config screen. Strange, but that's the way it is. The manual could be clearer on that subject as well. Good luck, Mike Ellis

Thanks for the info, Mike. I might have a chance to give that a try tomarrow. Luke

Mike, I got a chance to get beck to that line today and your instructions took me right where I needed to go! Thanks for all the help guys! Luke