Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timofthedeep

pv600 dh485 to panelbuilder

5 posts in this topic

What is required to pull the program out of a 2711-b6c2 panelview into panelbuilder32? Direct connection to the laptop, or it is connected to a slc5/03. Can I get the processor to pass through? Thanks.

You will need a 1747-PIC or its USB equivalent to suck the program from the PV directly to the laptop. You will find the port you need to plug into on the back of the PV next to the one its communicating with the processor through. The other alternative is a 1784 pcmk/b PCMCIA card with a 1784PCM4 cable, again connecting direct to the PV in the same port (more expensive, depends on what you have available to you). I don't think its possible to pass-thru the processor via the 232 port to the DH485 network, although you can check this in RSLinx by browsing the processor and seeing what you can see.

If you had an SLC 5/05 PLC I know it would do Ethernet to DH485 passthru and you could upload and download panelview programs as I have done this. I do not believe the 5/03 firmware was ever brought up to allow pass thru.

Yes, its possible to use the 5/03 as a passthru device, I've done it several times within this last couple of years before I got a card. For help on setting status bits see: http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...C3?OpenDocument and/or http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...AD?OpenDocument If you do a lot of PV and PV+ programming, get a compatible Compact Flash card and PCMCIA adapter to download and upload. Works a lot cleaner. Edited by jstolaruk

These status file bits are available on a E series processor (531E), but not on anything below, so it will depend on the model you have.