Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sgiroux

Canadian industrial electrician looking for work in Australia

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone from down under, I have visited Australia on Holiday this past winter. I am currently looking for a job opprotunity in The Sydney area, I have over 7 years experience in the Automotive manufacturing sector (Magna International). I was wondering if anyone has any contacts in the job placement industry. I am under 30yrs old and well versed in residental, commercial, and industrial installations as well as maintenance and fault finding... thanks in advance for any replys Scott

Hi Scott, Most employers would not hire you unless you are in Australia and have a visa that allow you to work here. It might be a good idea to go to the immigration website and see what type of visa you can qualify for. However, if you want to try looking for a job first, you can check out these jobs website: Mycareer or Seek. Good luck

Thanks for your reply, I have already looked into either a holiday work visa which would only allow me to stay in Australia for 12 months, and also the skilled migrant visa which would allow mw to stay for 3 years or more, I have also used all of the relevant job sites for Australia, I'm sorry I didn't make that clear in my first post. I was hoping that one of the aussies on this board might be able to give me more info on possible companies that hire electricians or other trades people. I am basically trying to compile a list of contacts in Australia. Any Information would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know what the going rate for a qualified electrician in the industrial manufacturing sector with loads of controls experience, or even the construction sector, aswell I was also wondering what type of electrical code you guys use over there to apply safety standards for installations. thanks scott

As/nzs 3000 is the most common standard to follow things are a little differnt to canada but you will easy pick up on it. Good luck.

Well it's late now to bump but the suggestion given in the end was great. I also have been suggested electrician coral gables for the installation of electric wires in my new building and they worked really well. So conclusion is that suggestion is very helpful before getting any services.