Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

3G3FV card

5 posts in this topic

Attached is a board that was plugged into a 3G3FV VSD. The problem is we are trying to detrmine what actual parameters in the OP MAN actaully relate to this board. I understand that this drive originated in Holland but the company supplying the machine has now gone bust. Omron here are trying but to no avail so far (sigh). The customer needs fixed pronto of course....Any ideas.... Why did Omron use Nais relays ??? Yes i know it is a relay output board.

Hope I am not out of line here, but the info that I have indicates that Omron 3G3FV is a private labeled Yaskawa G5. That could help to explain the Nais relays. I am afraid I am not much help beyond that. I do not have any info on the G5 or the 3G3FV for that matter. Good Luck!

That board is a Yaskawa DO-02 digital output card. Hence the lack of actual OMRON relays. In the G5 it is programmed F5-01 for ch1 and F5-02 for channel two. If you do not have a manual, you can enter the programming mode, go to F5-01 and scroll thru the available parameters. They will display in text their function in what ever language you have programmed. Channel 1 is defaulted to parameter "0", During RUN 1. Or on during run. Channel 2 is defaulter to parameter "1", Zero Speed. Self explanitory. The purpose of this board is to provide additional digital outputs beyond the available ones on the drive or being relay contacts, provide isolation.

OIDMBTRTECH.... Thanks mate...... Yep i do have a copy of the manual - 3G3FV users manual I516-E1-04 and yep the parameters are the same F5-01 and F5-02.. Your rep is certainly going up in my opinion.....

You are welcome. I am trying to learn how to be a PLC programmer. I am quite adept at most anybody's drives. I have advanced programming training from Yaskawa on all G3, VG3, G5, G5M and P5 drives. I have not had time to get the *7's but I have been installing and programing on them all the time. I have gotten excellent help in my PLC endeavors and will contribute any time I have info that will help others.