Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
timofthedeep

rs500 online graphic

22 posts in this topic

I have been told that I can change the online graphic (that little rotating ladder image) to other graphics. Anyone know how to do that? It would be cool to have a little gut beating a plc with a hammer....

In RsLogix 500 hold the control key down and right click the Online icon. At the bottom of the menu you will see Animations. The options are RSI Logo, Gear, Ladder, Pumkin and Globe Think there was a way to add your own but can't remember

Or, you can close all the toolbars and get an extra 10 square inches of screen space.

If we are talking efficiency just thought you may want to know that the Pumpkin requires the least amount of processor usage on you computer The images are embedded in the RSLGX500.dll file. They are pretty easy to edit. As for RsLogix 5000, I'm not sure. Quiz time - Does anyone know which user borrowed his avatar from this easter egg?

Nope, it wasn't too hard. Here's mine

Ron Beaufort has the pumpkin icon.

And the winner is Ken. 4 reputation points

I've never noticed them before, I take it we all start at 10 ?

Find out the details here: http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=7360

When I change this, it works until I close Logix 500 then goes back to the default RSI Logo. Is there something that needs to be done to save this so whenever it is closed and opened the graphic will stay, or is that just the way it is??.. Or maybe my install is just wacked.

Nothing wrong with your computer. It goes back to the default icon when you open RsLogix 500. If you want another icon to be your default icon you will have to edit the RSLGX500.dll file. Make sure you back it up just in case you mess up. The default icon is bitmap 251. Here are all of them ??? = RSI Logo 249 = Gears 250 = Pumpkin 251 = Default 252 = Globe

Well since I gave points for Ken knowing where Rons Avatar came from does anyone know where the RSI Logo bitmap is in the RSLGX500.dll file? It's worth 4 points And Ken you can't answer this one, I can't give you points again until what was it, 10 other user are awarded points.

What, does no one know the answer to this one? Ok Ken, you can answer this one. I will have to give you an IOU

Personally I am a little confused as to the question??

Okay I think I get it.. Here is my answer... 1240 = RSI Logo 249 = Gears 250 = Pumpkin 251 = Default 252 = Globe

And the winner is Techjunki But you are in the same boat as Ken. I will have to give you an IOU Edited by TWControls

I know, old topic but ... How do you edit this DLL file??

There are many ways.... I would use VB.NET Studio

Ahh I see. I was thinking that they provided a utility for this purpose thanks

I use http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

So to make a change you would change the graphic in the pointer, not changeing the the pointer to the one you want. I see now.

I know it's resurrecting a VERY old thread...but what does this icon look at in the processor to determine the speed of animation. Judging by the difference in speed between several of our processors, it seems to be linked to communication or network speed. We have two different SLC 5/05 processors on the same subnet and there is a significant difference in the speed of the ladder spinning. I have been working on communication timing on the processor that happens to have the slower icon speed....and I was wondering what the icon was looking at...maybe something that quantifies the communication time of the SLC? That would be a great diagnostic tooll for the issue I am addressing.