Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tashinz

CX-Supervisor 1.3

27 posts in this topic

I have read on the Italian Omron's news site about new version of CX-Supervisor 1.3. Link is http://www.omronpress.it/pro_list.asp?year=2006&month=Marzo Does anyone know something more about it? on the offical Omron Europe site i found nothing, but on the stock report in Netherland i found this new version. Anyone?

Can't resspond with current fact, butI do know that years ago {pre Y2K} when I worked for Toshiba NY Plant we would get Omron hardware and japenese language programming software versions that would not appear thru our american Omron vendors for another 9 to 15 months. Seems to me the islands are always ahead of the rest of the world. You might want to check omron.jp site.

I have 1.25 and have heard that 1.3 is either imminent or out. Not sure what improvements have been made.

Anyone knows where can we get it? there is no sign of it on the omron europe web site.

Hello All, Are you ready for this... v1.3(20) should be currently available (for new purchases). To upgrade from a previous version, you will need to have the "Web upgrade patch", which should be available any-time now (pester your local rep for availability). This patch will allow you to upgrade via the European site, and I assume (v1.3) will appear on the web once the patch is available. The main improvements are support for 'Unicode' characters, and USB dongle support (for all those port-less laptops out there). Hope this helps Regards anonymous

thanx anonymous this was very helpfull, i'll start monitor omron eu site. although i work for omron's distributor here in serbia i knew only that there is a new version, but nothing more. thanx again... regards

News in CX-Supervisor 1.3 The following has been added: Developer and Runtime now support Unicode languages allowing non-western character sets to be used. Russian and Polish translations are now included (see User Manual chapter "Multilingual Applications" for details of extending support for other languages). Runtime Copy Protection now includes a USB Dongle option for computers without parallel ports. Facility to Copy/Paste Alarms (for example to Excel) for easy bulk editing. Automatic bug reporting added with integration to CX-Diagnostics. CX-Supervisor now installs and uses CX-Server version 2.4 and PLC Tools version 3.1. Windows XP Professional SP2 is now formally tested. CX-Supervisor also now installs the new release of the Microsoft Data Access Components - MDAC 2.8 for connecting to databases. Regards

many thanx audiaudi, this alarm with excel feature especially makes me happy. regards

As of today, new version of CX-Supervisor is available on omron europe site for registered users. it is full installation version 1.3, as i understand it. regards Edited by tashinz

Have just dowloaded it. The website says update v1.2x -> v1.3. It appears to not be the full version.

Upgraded from V1.25 to V1.3(20) with licence, and it works!

But it also works as upgrade for CX-Supervisor 1.25. One thing I've noticed, when you use latin letters as a value for text point, e.g. txtTesting = "??žš?" script compiler alerts an error. this wasn't the case in earlier versions. bad luck. Edited by tashinz

I want to upgrade from V1.1 --> V1.3 but I don't have a V1.2 update. I downloaded V1.3 update from Europe site but not update from v1.1. Can anyone send me a V1.2 update if any? Thanks alot.

nguyenthanhcanh, i think there is no upgrade, at least i don't have it and i can not find anywhere. you have to download full version of CX-Supervisor 1.22(9) there is a patches from that versions towards above. regards. Edited by tashinz

No, I can't. Nowhere to download. I think I have to buy a new one.

You don't have to buy a new CX-Supervisor. If you have legal copy of any CX-Supervisor 1.x the serial will work. You can downoload it at Omron's FTP site for IDS, if you are an IDS (independent distributor sales). If not you should contact your local dealer. regards.

Hi try this site: - link removed by moderator - Banker

I agree with anonymous. this shouldn't be done.

Oh Oh I'am sorry. It was just a site i got from omron. I was was thinging it was a free opdate site for there software. By the way. Is this Opgrade for CXsuper 1.3 for free when i have a CX- 1.22 development? Banker

yes it is free. you sould register on their software download site by entering valid serial numbers of purchased pieces of software. for CX-S 1.3 upgrade, you need valid serial of any CX-S 1.x regards

Hello Tashinz (and any other interested parties...), This has been reported as a defect to the CX-Supervisor team, and is currently pending a fix at developement. By the way, good spot! Regards anonymous

Thanx anonymous. But, as the time goes by there is more and more bugs which wasn't the case in earlier versions. this time, when i try to customize Data Log window and save it as session file, it never opens in a way I put customization but in some default way - regarding size and position of window, background color which is red (?), grid color which is orange (?)etc. and it never accepts my settings when you close and open data log window. Maybe this is the case only with me? regards to all

Hello Tashinz (and anyone else who may be having had a similar problem), This has been investigated by the CX-Supervisor developement team, who have been unable to recreate the problem. Their opinion is that something may have gone 'wrong' with the installation. Here is the response... "There can be problems if the correct upgrading process is not followed, resulting in the MBCS (non-Unicode) version being upgraded on Unicode operating systems. This problem can be caused by trying to run the "Full Package" in Repair / Upgrade mode. This can be confirmed as the About Box version shows 1.3 (20) MBCS. To avoid this problem upgrade existing installations with the Web Upgrade patch, freely available to registered users from the Software Download section of the Omron web site. We believe this will fix the problems, but if not please let us know which operating system and language you are using etc so that we may investigate further." Hope this is of some help. Regards anonymous.