Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Banner D10DPFPQ

8 posts in this topic

I just wanted to post this to report a very serious problem with Banner D10 EXPERT series photoeyes. When these first came out, they had LCD screens. A bunch of LCD screens failed, the LCD would stop displaying or displayed freaked out numbers. Then Banner changed the LCD to LED 7-segment type displays. These still fail often, and now we are finding a bunch that fail in the field that we have to "tap" on them to make them work. Frankly, we are done replacing them. I do not recommend them at all. What a major waste of time and money to have to go back in the field and replace these sensors.

I knew they had to be in this list somewhere. Chakorules favorite product

Oh geez, don't get me started......

LOL!!! Yes, Chakorules loves these. I think you developed this section and its predecessor with this product in mind.

I just wanted a way to let other people know of any issues that might come up with products I've had problems with, I hope others will do the SAME, please......!!!. I don't have anything against Banner, I think they make great stuff, except for this one thing here......... I put them on three jobs, and we have replaced every single one of them. See what Banner won't do is pay for my tech's time or my time on the phone with the end user troubleshooting a broken photoeye problem. I bet I've spent over $5,000 in labor, gas, travel and hotels replacing these photoeyes. That's what's got me upset. Banner happily replaces them and says sorry and all, but that doesn't make up for the expenses that we incur because of it...

I know. I was just messing with you. I know of another person who has had trouble out of this same sensor.

aww banner banner... (bummer...) lot's of our customers want banner products. this is fine by me but in my experience, banner product have the highest failure rate by far. for example there is always something we are waiting on to get repaired (two hand control relays, e-stop relays, etc.) and that's despite us stocking some of the most frequent parts because we know the trend. in last three months we had failure rate (dead on arrival to be exact) of nearly 25%. this is a bit worse than usual but still... the bad part is not just DOA parts but also slow service and long repair times (6-10 weeks). they still have to figure out option of sending a new unit as replacement. some products they have are nice like color sensors (and they are much cheaper than any other similar sensor) but if I was them, i would really look into quality control problems.

I think there was a time that Banner was a great sensor. But as technology has progress, Banner has tried to put out the latest and greatest sensor at a cut throat price. But I think they are in such a hurry to get their products out than they are not taking the time to throughly test these products. I don't use them anymore Edited by TWControls