Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Telebyte Corporation Model 8365

4 posts in this topic

I have used this device in 20+ applications for either RS232 to RS422/485 conversions or in pairs as short haul modems. It is extremely versatile in that it is DCE/DTE selectable, wiring is identical to 9 pin AT comm port standard, DIN Rail mounted, runs on 12VDC (not 5VDC!), indicators are visible and the RS422/RS485 terminal uses removable connectors. It supports either RTS/CTS or automatic switching for the transmit/receive function. I have yet to have one fail.

post-2-1143929153.jpg

Nice to see that you finally have a reliable product, i bet you would hate to think of all the man hours and costing, and customer embarrasment nver alone potential customer lost due to sub standard products. It is unfortuante that the industrial market seems to be leading to the way of the consumer market where the buyer becomes the QA. In fact most products if they are to fail will fail in the the first 30 days.

Actually Jay Anthony posted the original review, I just ported it over to here....

LOL are you meaning to say that you have never had a good product. Then i suppose the most reliable thing is your software. "The Program Never Fails"