Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spedley

Any Use A Pro-face Gp2500t

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone used any HMI's by Pro-Face (linked to Allen-Bradley)? Are they any good? Is the programming software easy to use?

Just finished a job with 6 2400 series Proface on ethernet. They were sooo much better than the panelview plus 600's I'm programming now. They were a very capable HMI, but be forwarned the manual is terrible translation from the Japanese. I just commented to a customer today that I wish I would have went with the proface 2400's on this design. I liked the software and loved the window funtion and the fault handling. They also support VB scripts. They have a nice beeping sound when you pressed a button and could handle mulitple button pushes at the same time. Edited by Jamie571

I've used the GP2600. I really do like it; I've done interfaces with RSView32, RSViewME, Wonderware, and VB. The Pro-Face is quite nice. I'm not sure about the other post, the 2600 uses Java for scripting, not VB. The dox to kinda suck, but I was able to figure it all out pretty easily. I think you'll like it. Good luck!

I am currenlty working on a project where I am using several GP2400, GP2500, and GP477R all on ethernet. The different machines have Mitsubishi and Yokogawa PLC's. I think the software is very easy to use and having them on the network makes communications and programming a snap. The manuals for the software are not the greatest, but it is pretty easy to figure out.