Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zoran Mihajlovic

Protected Plc

5 posts in this topic

Helo I bay used PLC CQM1 and have problem.I can conect too PLC with Cx-One , but PLC i password protected and I can't download program from PLC. I know thet can remove bateri and with switch too clear memori, but I need too save program thet is in PLC. Did anyone have some sugestion?

Hi, First thing to do is contact the person who do the programming, maybe he has some reason why he protect it. If he is nowhere to be found and it is badly needed to upload the program then try to contact an Omron representative in your country. They know how to upload the program in a protected PLC. I had talked before with an Omron representative and she says the password is stored in a data memory which she didn't tell me. She told me to contact them if ever I encountered a password protected PLC and they will do the uploading.

You may also want to read about it in the Omron Faq HERE

Hi! I have somewhere soft to download protected programs from Omron PLC's. Elsewhere I still have contact with the one that suply to me and it's possible that he still have one copy. I can try it if you haven't solved yout problem. One more question! Do you protect your programs?... (Sorry by my poor english!!!)

Please continue the discussion though e-mail or PM, let's not encourage password retrieval using these manners....