Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Babbster

Modem Problems

11 posts in this topic

HI, I am trying to connect to a CQM1 (or others) over a modem. I have tried a Sportster, a SixNet, and a Westernmo TD-33. My desktop computer connects just fine (internal Conexant D850 56K V.9x DFVc Modem) with or without Extra Initialization Commands. I have tried two Laptops with no success. One has a Conexant-Ambit SoftK56 Data, Fax Modem, and the other is a MD560RD Soft56K VB2 HSF. I have researched and tried all the Extra Initialization Commands without success. We also verified that one of the Laptop's modems works. We connected to an Allen Bradley MicroLogix using an Allen Bradley 9300 Modem Kit. It connected up right away with no Initialization Commands. I logged into OmronIndustrial.com, but it won't give me a link to download CX-Modem (I registered CX-One). I also have read all the White Papers from Jay Hughes, Omron & SixNet. Can anyone help? Regards, Steve B

My internal laptop modem sucks also (internittently worked etc) so i brought a Netcom AM5065 RAVEII 56k V.92 USB modem, never had a problem. Now happy as a pig in s..it

Thanks... I looked up the Netcom unit. I can't find anywhere to buy it here in the states. Do you know of any other model that works for sure? By the way... I finally was able to download CX-Modem. Unfortunately it doesn't help me figure out why the modem won't connect to the PLC. Again, my desktop works fine, my laptops don't. Thanks in Advance! Steve B

Sorry, i don;t know of the equiv of Netcomm in the states Tried this site Modem Help Site

I tend to not trust internal modems at all. My desktop has one and I have connected an external Nettcom modem. pcAnywhere and WinFax Pro both had problems with the internal modem. Buy a good one not a cheap one.

Thanks for the replies... Does anyone know of either a small USB or PCMCIA modem that works for sure with the Westermo, or USR Sportsters? I don't mind spending the money on a good one, as long as I know it will work. Thanks in advance!

Hello, I have not had any problems with my internal modem, but we use multitech modems model: MT2834bl and we have never had a problem with connecting to them. I hope this helps. ~Andrew

Thanks to everyone that helped... I purchased a Creative model DI5611 PCMCIA V.92 for $82 at Best Buy. I have tested it with two USR Sportster modems and it works perfectly. Tomorrow I will try to connect to a Westermo TD34. Then I will try all the same with the other laptop. My guess is that this is a winner. Thanks Again! Steve B

the best thing to do is not to use the modum on the pc and use two US robotics sportster modums the way both modums will be compatible. Thas what omron tested the PLC with

Thanks for the heads up... Glad to see you got it working..

Thanx again... Everything works. The new Creative modem works in both laptops. It connects to all the modems on the PLC end also. Best $82 ever spent. Steve B