Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeevan

Retentive Bits

29 posts in this topic

Ok. It is for SFC programming. I don't have that add on. I'm still having a hard time selling myself on programming methods other than ladder. I'll come around sometime

The Ladder is still there. When you are keeping standard code for all machines but the applications change this is a good way to go. You just plug in the Tags for the application your working on. I'll tell you, I not sold on Tags yet. I was easy to follow a number around but a large tag is a pain. Not to mention no Data Tables now. Just Tag monitor Edited by Smoke

Regards UPS it depends on the situation. For example in a non critical machine No UPS. Examples of where i have used UPS on PLC. 1. Gas plant to monitor the GAS storage tanks to alarm etc even in a power outage. Also enable the PLC to send SMS messages to alert operators of outage etc. 2. On an amusment ride where by I needed a way to lower an 11 ton hydraullically controlled platform at an Emergency Slow Speed on power outage. As a side note when i first looked at smoke's function block i got the following mode FUN MODE- I thought this was cool, I think that i prefer FUN mode over Run mode because we all know thats when it begins.

Actually I love the Tags of Controllogix. The trick to them is building your structure with the user defined tags. I have had several discussion here about the function blocks. I see some advantages of it but just haven't made the jump. I know the ladder is still there, but once I get the add on, I will be obsessed with learning it