Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garypeme

Fx2n Communications Issue

5 posts in this topic

Hi I have an issue communicating to a new FX2N plc. I have GX Developer-FX v8.25 installed on a Win XP SP2 machine, and I am using the standard red cable (??-09) to communicate. When connected to an old FX2N (I am new to MItsubishi so I have no version/firmware info, do they even have this?) I can monitor, write etc, everything you would expect. When connected to the new FX2N I cannot communicate. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi Gary., make sure that your com port is set in transfer setup at GX Developer as this attach file COM 4 for port setting. then click the Connection Test. if there is connection will message appear succesful the connection with FX2N. Good Luck Ady transfer_setup.bmp

Thanks for the advise. Unfortunately all these settings are correct which is supported by the fact that I can successfully achieve comms (connection test passed) with the older FX2N.

One other thing you may want to concider is the speed of the com port. From the Transfer Set-up you can choose the speed. The FX2N will not communicate if the speed is faster than 9.6K. When connecting to a new FX2N you may have to set this and save the program to save the communication settings. Set the comm port to your Comm port ie.. Com 1, Com 2 etc. Set the port speed to 9.6K. and then click test communications. I hope this helps. swimmy67

Hi garypeme, I was not aware that there was an older version of the FX2N??? You learn something new every day! Anyway, have you tried pressing the 'Default' buttons under the communication port|Setup dialog box? This will set the parity, data bits and stop bits to its default settings. Try this and see if you come right? Regards, waynes