Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caverne

Know Timer Present Value

8 posts in this topic

I simply want to know the present value of a timer (TIM). CPU: CS1H Software: CxProgrammer 5 Thank you very much.

You can monitor the ladder in CX-P. Go to the Timer instruction in the ladder. The present value will be directly under the timer number, the preset value will be in the bottom node. Or you can monitor it in the Watch Window. Hope this will help.

No. I want to knwo I can use in the ladder the current value of a timer. In all PLC I've use, every timer have a memory location containing the current value. Edited by caverne

Sorry, I misunderstood the question. You can use a MOV instruction to move the present value to a data memory address. Just set the Source as the TIMx and Destination as your Dxx data memory address. Or depending on what you want to do, you may be able to access the timer directly. Hope this will help.

Ok thanks. I see there is no simple way to get this data other way than using the MOV instruction... I want to display the value in an InTouch application. I think I wiil have to MOV all timer value in data memory... Thanks again.

It could be an issue with the InTouch software. Some HMI/SCADA packages use the C-series Host Link driver information instead of the CS/CJ series drivers. Internal memory configurations are different and some areas in the CS1 can not be read. Don't know for sure, but perhaps this is the issue.

In omron the value address will be referenced by the TIM number (that is its address). Ie if you have a timer TIM 001 then probable in Intouch the address is T001 for its ACUMLATED VALUE.

Thanks Sleepy, I was testing on a CPM2 and forgot the addressing difference.