Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
controltestguy

1784 Ktk1

4 posts in this topic

Hi All- I have an old 1784 KTK1 card I need to test. Can I use RsLinx or do I have to use something older like APS? Does this card require it's own driver or is it just a matter of setting up the correct memory address? So far I've had no luck with 'Linx' thanks, GTG Edited by controltestguy

You may need the 6201-DDA Software.. I am not sure that there are drivers for more recent software, maybe someone else knows

Gosh, that card is ancient. It's the predecessor to the now-obsolete 1784-KT. RSLinx definitely does not have a driver for the -KTK1. I don't think the -KTK1 would work in a computer that is fast enough to run Windows. My recollection is that the maximum ISA bus speed the KTK1 would support was 12 MHz. 6200-PLC5 might still have the KTK1 driver in it. I guess the real question is: why test a card that can't be used in a modern PC ? I'm sure you have a reason, I am just curious about it.

I work for a surplus electronic company. We buy and sell this stuff. We can test 95% of what we sell, but once in a while we get this 'really old stuff' that's hard to test. thanks, CTG