Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frank.raymond

Accessing Cj's Via Plant Server

5 posts in this topic

Hello, This question may have been answered several times but not sure what to search for. We have several CJ's connected to their own pc NIC. The pc has a second NIC that connects to the plant intranet. Is it possible to access a plc remotely using CX programming to monitor/modify as needed? By the way I recommend this site to all of my colleagues and associates. This site is what synergy is all about. Thanks

Have no idea really Frank but this is probably a network issue. Can you set up a network in CX-Programmer with the addresses of the NIC cards to drill into the PLC? Bear in mind I have no experience here but it seems to me that it may be possible. My stupid (probably) idea may at least help get your mind working towards a solution if no one else has a sensible idea. By the way, how are you enjoying, or otherwise, Omron now that you have had some extensive experience with them? I know most of us that use them regularly really do not like haveing to use most other brands. Good luck. Edited by BobB

By NIC do you mean Network Interface Controller ? Hav'nt tried it but my first point of call would be to investigae routing tables.

NIC is generally known as Network Interface Card (usually Ethernet Card). Routing tables, networking - yes that is where I would look for sure even though I have not used Ethernet for this type of application.

You can do that with standard Windows Internet Sharing, and I suspect you'll need port forwarding as well, if connecting "from the outside" - as I understood it you only have one IP available. Just forward one UDP port for each of PLCs, like 9601 for PLC #1, 9602 for PLC #2 and so on. You'll also have to have special settings for the outside computer, and possibly, you'll have to tweak the FINS routing tables, but I don't really see any problems with such a setup.