Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
supafly

Plc To Plc Communication Using Cx-programmer

10 posts in this topic

This is all very new to me.i need help as i am trying to communicate to omron CJ1M PLC's on an ethernet using cx-programmer. Basically, i just want to run a simple ladder logic on one PLC which then communicates to the next PLC to excute its ladder logic. I dont know how to call the other PLC when i am doing the ladder logic in cx-programmer. Do I need to set up a network in cx-programmer? If so, how do i do that. All help is appreciated very much....

hi. you can try to use SEND, RECV and CMND command. you can find documentation on section 6 of Omron Manual W420. bye Valerio Edited by valerio81

hai... hai hai u can try use 1:1 data link, use LR communicating using a master with a slave

I'm not in the office at the moment, so I can't check, but off the top of my head, Data Links are not available using Ethernet communications. Regards anonymous

... As Valerio has stated, use network send, recv ladder functions to directly transfer data between PLC's on ethernet. The easier way is to use the Function Blocks provided with the CX-Programmer function block library. These function blocks use network send, recv, however make it easy!! Some Notes: 1.You will need to map each of your ethernet units to the same network number using the routing table editor. (from CX-integrator) 2.Node number for each PLC will be the value of the last octet of the IP address. I have attached documentation for the send / receive FB's, and also a screen shot example of a send implementation. Nibroc _CPU011_ReceiveData.pdf _CPU012_SendCommand.pdf
1 person likes this

i have a problem that now the port doesnt close after the send execution has been made....... i dont know why the port wont close but the actuyal info has been sent....

Some more information is required to help you.. 1. Which method are you using - SEND / RECV ladder functions or the Function Blocks as above? 2. What do you mean the 'port doesn't close', does the logical port flag stay in the busy state? Perhaps you could post your code? Nibroc

i am using the ladder logic for send as i tried to follow th example in the ethernet manual for CJ1M..... I have attached this below in the cx format.......thanks again....i am using port 7 Network.cxp

Supafly ... Try this for starters: I have added the Port 7 Ready flag in series with the SEND instruction. This is essential, it prevents the processor trying to re-execute the SEND before it has completed. If this does not fix the problem I will study your settings further. Nibroc. Network_2_.cxp

can anybody explain the D10 and D11. Do i have a cross ethernet kabel between my PLC ? I got now 1 CJ1M cpu 13-ETN and CJ1G whit a CJ1W-ETN21. I want a datapacket from CJ1M to the CJ1G and check there the output and he de input back to the CJ1M. The CJ1M have a unit number 2 and a node 2. The CJ1W-ETN21 have a unite number 1 and a node 1. Wo can help me and explain it. sorry for my bad englisch Edited by oester