Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedoctor

Problem With Communication Tsx Nano

8 posts in this topic

Hi. I have a big problem to communicate with TSX Nano. I'm using PL7-07 software under DOS, and i have a cable from this site: http://www.ac-nice.fr/sti/electrotec/22Ibmtotsx.pdf When I try to connect to the PLC the PL7-07 send me an error messeges: Error 2012 and Error 3016 or something like that. Should I blame the cable or what? Please help me. Thank You. I've forgot to write: my PC is Dell Latitude CPx650, and I'm using COM1 port (RS232) Edited by thedoctor

What version windows are you using? What version PL707? If you are using Windows 2000 or newer you need PL707 version 4.0.

check communication parameters like baudrate,data bits etc, keep trying with diffrant settings you may get through. some times PLCs does not register the setting and it goes to the default settings.

Hi Ram, I've tons of experience with bigger Modicons, esp. Micro and premium though not Nano as the thing is a little out of date...The program editor is also PL-7 Jr. Whereas the one we use is PL-7 Pro. I don't know how relevant in your context.... but; THE GENERAL WAY to establish communication with any Modicon (maybe Nano is exempt!) is to use the utility called X-Way driver. If you have it installed, you ought to see a little icon called XWAY manager. Powerup your little nano and hook up the comm. port you should see what is happening when you double-click X-Way manager and when it's open see under the tab named X-Way Test. The configuration etc is automatic. The Last time I saw a nano was in 2002. If I recall correctly, it has a 8 pin mini-DIN connector which was an UNITELWAY port and not RS-232 !. The Nano i saw was in a group of 4 acting as I/O extensions to a Micro, with the node address being set by a rotary dial. Moral of this story... If and ...If only you have plugged into a 8 pin Mini_DIN connector on your PLC then that port is of the RS-485 kind and perhaps not of RS-232. Next the protocol is Unitelway. However, the Unitelway port communicates reliably with even the cheapest 485/232 converter out of Taiwan. (Moxa, Idam, Adam, NewDam, Xdam, Ydam... etc anything) . Mumbai price being @ Rs.3000/= See friend, in our line, we don't waste our money on expensive "Phoren" cables desi, Gharguti being preferred. The Male 8 pin Mini-Din is available for Rs.20/= at Lamington road(Spectra connectronics). Best of Luck Raj S. Iyer

Being that PL7-07 is way older than Windows XP, I am not suprised. The official statement I saw said it works up to Windows 2000, but not under XP. Since it's a DOS software and some out there have managed to make Modsoft or Symate run under XP, I assume someone might have a way. But you really need to get rid of that obsolete software and obsolete PLC. Being it's a re-labeled Idec Micro3C, you might also be able to get online with Idec's Windows based software, though I have never personally tried it.

Hi You can use the last version of PL707 (v4) under WinXP but you need the new Unitelway driver, There is also a new Win 98 driver. The PL707 V4 is free You can get it from www.telemecanique.com You can use the drivers manager tool in your control panel to test the driver Regards Ryan

None of the Telemecanique sites show a free download of PL7-07. Used to be you had to buy this software.