Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Alton Foley

RSView, ACCESS, & VBA question.

1 post in this topic

I have a project in which I need to create a new Link Table each day, the application I am linking to names each new data file in a predictable format and I have created an algorithm which will correctly predict each days new file name. Although I am comletely inexperienced in VBA I can create a function which will create the new link, and I have created a Query which will predict the new file name, Now I need you guys to help with the details of how to get the two to work together. Can someone show me how to insert the derived file name into the function. Can anyone please help this neophyte? The code below is what I would like to work with..... '------------------------------------------------------------ ' Link to a new table each day after RSV has created a new File ' '------------------------------------------------------------ Function LinkNewTable() On Error GoTo LinkNewTable_Err DoCmd.TransferDatabase acImport, "dBase IV", "C:\FullPath", acTable, "FileName", "new", False LinkNewTable_Exit: Exit Function LinkNewTable_Err: MsgBox Error$ Resume LinkNewTable_Exit End Function