Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
supafly

Citect Scada Communicating With Omron Cj1m Cpu22

12 posts in this topic

Is there anyone that can help me with getting and OMRON CJ1M PLC to communicate with Citect SCADA system using serial port? I am very new to this and cant find this specific model of PLC as an I/O device and also I dont know how to find out the addressing of the PLC to create the tags for the SCADA system.Can I use a similar model on SCADA that will allow me to access the PLC? Much help is need, so any input would be very very much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi supafly, I don't know which Citect version you are using but at the help, have a look at the I/O devices section > Omron. At Omron PLCs - Serial (Sysmac-Way protocol) you will find a quite complete manual how to get started, from setting up the comms forms, to cable diagrams and tag data types. I attached a simplified cable diagram from the Omron manual which you'll probably need. I would suggest after having done some experience in Citect and Omron you move on to a faster driver, like the FINS driver in combination with a Controller link card in the PC and PLC. Serial comms is painfully slow, certainly not for a over time expanding project. I attatched the latest driver from the Citect website, released 21 Oct 2005. I hope this helps, if you run in to any specific things let us know. omronV20106001.zip

thank you very much for your help. I am using citect version 6.0 and am not very familiar at all with how to communicate them as you can see. i will have more questions as i am just scratching the surface.....thank you again

I believe the help section is updated with v6.0 (I am using v5.5), but the information should still be there. At the Project Editor, you can also go through the Express Wizard, which will setup the comms for you. Good luck!

when i had the same quetion someone in this forum send me this image.. it's very clear to understand serial communication.. bye Valerio

thanks for that Valerio....just a question, can the serve name (top left hand box, in this case CPU) be called what ever you want or what? thanks again.......... also..........what is boards referring to?? I mean PLC side or PC side? so confused...

yes you can call server as you want. this is only an example... and board is dependent on the type of board installed in the I/O Server computer bye valerio Edited by valerio81

thanks for that.......will give that a try and see how it goes...

You posted elsewhere re this topic and I advised you to get the FINS disk from Citect? Have you done this?

yes i have obtained Fins Gateway....but i am still having the same problem. When i do a configuration test, it cant locate the plc. I dont know why that is......any ideas would be great.

I have not done a SCADA with Citect for some time. There is extensive help available within the Citect package and there was also a good help file on the FINS Gateway disk the last time I used it. Couple of things, the board in your case is probably just the serial port in the computer as it a ppears to be a fairly inexpensive set up. I have used a lot of Digi Boards in the past and they need to be set up differently. First time with them is a bit painful. Make sure you have the PLC address correct in the SCADA. Make sure the serial port on the PLC and the SCADA are set up with the same protocol, speed and bit data (eg: 7:2:N or whatever you are using). Have you been here http://www3.citect.com/driverweb/home?cid=418&pid=23911 and downloaded and installed the latest Citect driver to interface with the FINS Gateway? Also here http://www3.citect.com/driverweb/home/forums/Omron for the Omron driver discussion forum. Also here http://www3.citect.com/mycitect/downloads/knowledgebase for the latest knowledgebase. Make sure you obtain the latest drivers and knowledgebase. Just search for Omron in the knowledgebase and there are quite a few items there. Edited by BobB

Citect cannot communicate as toolbus as far as i understand it. Set the PLC communications port to "Sysmac Way" aka "Hostlink".