Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Konrad

C500-cpu11-v1

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I have a probblem with old controller C500-CPU11-V1. Controller looks as working, there is a power and run light on, but works not correct. If I try to download a new program to RAM unit there is all downloaded correct but program works wrong. I use SYSWIN for programmin. When I select ONLINE / ERROR LOG I got a message that PLC responded incorrectly. Before controller was running, but run diode was off, I replaced Quartz 16MHZ than now run diode is on, but still not wotk correct. I buyed RAM unit to check machine and PLC but now with this RAM unit I have an ERR diode. WIth old ROM program PLC styill responded incorrectly. Machine has also I/O and NC103 units, but I don't think that there is a probblem. What can be broken? Anybody tryed to repair this unit?

There are plenty of reasons why a machine does not work correctly besides the PLC. 1. Did you check the I/O lights and wiring? 2. Are the switches on the control panel in the right position? Why does everybody blame the box they don't understand? You replaced a component on the CPU motherboard??

Yes. I replaced components on the motherboard - quartz and capacitors. Regading I/O and swithes - all was OK. I didn't change anything. I checked I/O list and was correct. The program was running but blocked on one step. I looked for the mistake but can't find anything. Swith of and on machine some times and after last controller show err lamp. I change memory unit - no err, but program works wrong. The hardware was checked many time - is OK. Now I sent the CPU unit to Omron for repairing - not possible to buy new. Befor I had many troubles with NC103 unit. FInaly I found that all parameters was changed, all values was wrong, also don't know how it was happend? There is no programming unit and original machine steering program has no option to change them. Hope that omtron repair will help.

Seems that you should consider upgrading to current technology.