Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Linne

Anybody Running Control Logix And Ifix?

2 posts in this topic

Not sure what part of the "procedure" is goofing me up, but I am unable to configure an ABR 7.29 datablock to talk to my new Control Logix box. This is the procedure I'm using: ------------------------------------------------------------- To map a data array to PLC 5 messaging 1. Select Offline from the Processor Status field. 2. Select Map PLC/SLC Messages from the Logic menu. 3. Select the appropriate file number from the File Number column in the spreadsheet. NOTE: This file number corresponds to the same file number you will enter when creating poll records in the ABR Power Tool. PLC 5 messaging does not use a file type designation. For this reason, we strongly suggest using B for bit (binary) arrays, N for integer arrays, and F for float arrays when defining datablocks. This convention ensures the appropriate storage allocation for the defined PLC 5 messages. You should also allocate the maximum size for each PLC 5 message you map to a datablock. This ensures space is available to receive the data. Failure to allocate enough storage space can cause errors and unexpected results. 4. Select a tag from the Tag Name column and click OK. NOTE: If you want to edit the values in the data array for testing purposes, provided you have no controller logic resident to modify these values, you may do so now. To edit data array values 1. Double-click Controller Tags from the tree browser. 2. Click the Monitor Tags tab and select your controller from the Scope drop-down box. 3. Expand the appropriate data array. 4. Double-click the array element’s Value field and enter the desired value. 5. Select Download from the Processor Status box to download the modified messaging operations and defined data array(s) to the target controller. 6. Select Remote Run from the Processor Status box so that your changes take effect. All the information required to process read and write requests to the defined data arrays from the ABR driver are now resident in the controller. ------------------------------------------------------------ Note the final sentence. That is why I selected this method to attempt the link. The part I'm most confused by is the NOTE: section. The File Number selection box will accept NO alfa characters, only numeric. So I figured, okay, N files start at seven in PLC-5's, so I selcected file 7. No joy. Any advice?? Thanks, Bill p.s. I have successfully configured message blocks in the CL processor to communicate with the PLC-5's in my system. The "final frontier" is to get my Scada system to talk to the CL box.

The ABR may support contrologix but it doesn't support tagname addressing, so you have to use a map array. Using the OPC driver instead will save a lot of headache...