Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fzboy

1784 Pcmk Card And A Aci_

2 posts in this topic

I have a 1784 pcmk card series b and I want to hook up to a advanced interface converter. I am running windows xp and am using a 1784 pcmb6/b cable to hook up from the pcmk card to the ACI+. What driver should I use and how should it be configured. Edited by fzboy

Unplug the two and see how badly you have damaged the connectors. The two plugs you describe are keyed reverse from one another and you would have to shove pretty hard to fit them together. The 1784-PCM6 cable is meant to plug into Data Highway Plus (DH+) access ports on PLC-5 and SLC-5/04 controllers. It is not an RS-232 port. The the round 8-pin port on the 1761-NET-AIC *is* an RS-232 port, along with +24 VDC power pins. It is meant to connect to MicroLogix controller (which will supply power to it) or to RS-232 ports on computers. In order to connect to a DH-485 network via the 1761-NET-AIC and your computer, you need a 1761-CBL-PM02 or similar cable. This is the same cable I use to connect to MicroLogix serial ports. In RSLinx, you will use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver. It can be tricky to configure, so search the Rockwell knowledgebase and this and other forums if you run into trouble (or just read the Help file).