Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Reynaldo

A-B INFORMATION

4 posts in this topic

I work in an automation and new technology company. I know very well PLCDirect and Triangle Research PLCs but I know too that many companies just use A-B PLCs. I'd like to learn about this controllers but I couldn't find the user manual for SCL-500 neither its programming demosoftware in A-B web site. I'll try with this PLC 'cause I think it's more used in the market. Can somebody tell where can I get this information and if I'm right with the PLC choosed to learn about this brand Regards,

all the info you need will be at www.thelearningpit.com

Reynaldo, if you’re trying to get started as inexpensively as possible, then go here: Allen-Bradley MicroLogix website and follow the link for “Get Software” - the RSLogix500 Starter Software for 10-point MicroLogix 1000 Controllers is “free” RSLogix software which will be very close in function to the full-blown RSLogix500 as used for the SLC-500 family of processors - it’s a “limited feature” package but it might get you where you want to go - or at least help you get started with a test drive - if you just want to read about using the software, go to: RSLogix500 Getting Results Guide booklet the MicroLogix 1000 uses the same Instruction Set Reference Manual as the SLC-500 family of processors - you can find a copy online at: SLC-500 Instruction Set Reference Manual for more specific information on the hardware for the SLC-500 family, go to: SLC-500 Modular Hardware User’s Manual if you’re thinking of actually buying an inexpensive MicroLogix 1000 system to “just get started with Allen-Bradley” then you might also want to check out: the MicroLogix 1000 User’s Manual and since all of these books at one time can be quite intimidating, here’s a final suggestion: Get in touch with your local Allen-Bradley distributor and tell them the same thing that you said in your post. Basically: “I work for a company that currently uses your competitors’ products. I’m interested in using yours instead. Can you arrange a simple free demonstration of your product’s features for me?” I myself work for an Allen-Bradley distributor and personally I’m always happy to fire up the hardware and the software and take a potential new customer for a quick test drive. This might be the best possible way for you to take a look at the equipment and to see first hand why (as you yourself said in your post): “I know ... that many companies just use A-B PLCs.” hope this helps - good luck - Ron