Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pegee

Dp/dp-coupler

5 posts in this topic

This is a copy of a post in the Mitsubishi-forum: About a year ago we used a Siemens DP/DP-coupler (6ES7158-0AD00-0XA0) to connect two profibusnets. The CPU on both sides were Mitsubishi Q02H and a QJ71PB92D-profibus master. No problems whatsoever!! No settings - no problems. The only thing you have to make is to assign each side of the DP/DP-coupler a profibusaddress. Now we are trying to do the same thing again. Everything is exactly the same, with the small difference that the DP/DP-coupler has a newer product number (6ES7158-0AD01-0XA0). And it is impossible to make that f*******g (yes, I am angry!!) thing work. When I read the buffermemory BM2040-2045 they tell me that one half of the DP/DP-coupler isn´t ready to communicate, and the other half doesn´t support certain requests from the profibus master ???????? Any ideas??????????? Has anyone successfully used this device? I need any information that could give me an idea to a possible solution of this problem. The diagnostics in a Siemens system is very good, but when a Siemens component is used in a system with another CPU, the diagnostics is very very difficult to read out, since the Siemens system only relates to special function-blocks (SFC 13) which has no corresponding function in a Mitsubishi system.

Never tried to use the DP/DP coupler so I cant help much. Only thing: Did you get a new GSD file that matches the new DP/DP coupler ?

Hi again. Your post got me intersted in the DP/DP Coupler so I went to look thru the manual. I stumpled upon this text in the manual: "The DP/DP Coupler, order no. 6ES7 158-0AD01-0XA0, is compatible with the DP/DP Coupler, order no. 6ES7 158-0AD00.0XA0. We have enhanced the diagnostic information for SYNC and FREEZE mode on Link 6ES7 158-0AD01-0XA0 compared with DP/DP Coupler 6ES7 158-0AD00-0XA0, and adapted these data in accordance with PROFIBUS standard. The DP/DP Coupler 6ES7 158-0AD01-0XA0 can be used to replace previous module versions. The design is compatible." So I would look after errors in the configuration on one of the two PLCs. Or check if the DP coupler or one of the PLCs are defective.

This is a copy of a post from the Mitsubishi forum: When you have tried everything, there are always at least one thing more to try!! In this case there were two faults at the same time. First I had a shortcut in a busconnector which took me some time to find. A small improvement but still not the final solution. After trying all possible solutions, it was time to try the impossible solutions. I changed the .gsd-file from ver. ..0AD01.. to the old one ..0AD00.. and...wtf! No red lights! Only two friendly green lights, telling me everything is OK!! I tried several times changing between the two versions of the .gsd-file. Always with the same result. The old one is OK, the new is NOK. Thank you for your support!!

Turns out even though I thought I was programming the unit from S7, the dip switches overrided them? I turned the ADDR Switch to OFF (let the coupler switches tell them the address) and it worked perfectly!