Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcnovice

Rslogix5000 , Logic Does Not Seem To Be Workin!1

5 posts in this topic

Hi There I am trying to accomplish following in RSLogix5000: i want to count hours and i have a subroutine for this, the thing is i want to go into that subroutine only when the Time has passed one minute regardless of the number of scan. I only want to go into that routine when 60 seconds has elapsed then goes into the routine, update the time come back and then wait for the next time when the conition met. For this i am using a timer for 60 seconds when the 60 seconds elapsed the timer turns on the output (which is a internal bit) i used that bit and test the limit if the limit mets the creteria then it goes in...but logic doesn't seem to work they wayi explain. Please try to help me out in this. Thanks in advance. Regards

Use a periodic task with a period of 60000.

Hi Alaric How can i use a periodic task, can u provide some example with? Thanks in advance Regards

this is a "basic idea" run-through on setting up the Periodic Task that Alaric suggested ... depending on which version of RSLogix5000 you're using - and on the ControlLogix processor version - some keystrokes and settings might be different ... but this should be enough to get you going ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

In the ControlLogix platform the totalizer function block TOT can be configured as a time totalizer. Configure the TOT input as a constant fixed at 1.0 and set the TOT timebase to hours.