Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Jeff

GX Developer Ver 6

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I purchased a copy of GX Developer Ver 6 a good while back and I loaded it on my laptop. On Monday the hard drive in my laptop failed and had to be replaced. My problem is I cannot find the product ID code for my GX Developer to reload it, I purchased it through a “approved” supplier but the guys say they have no way of getting me the ID number. I would appreciate any of you guy’s ideas on how to re-load the software. Thanks, Jeff G.

Had a similar problem recently, was running gx iec ver 4 and was given a prog to look at on disk that had been created using ver 5, i had my upgrade disk to ver 5 (got it ages ago and never got round to loading it in) but had lost the letter with the serial number for the upgrade disk. Phoned mitsi automation support told them about it (still had all the stuff that came wi ver 4) and they gave a serial code in 5 minutes over te phone once they had confirmed who i was and that my copy was legit

Thanks Mitsibushiman. I have been in contact with mitsu tech support but I have to prove to them that I purchased the software from a genuine source, which in my case was an approver Mitsubishi electric reseller. I have been I contact with the reseller and they are searching through their records to find details of my transaction so I can get a replacement code from the tech support. Mean while I am looking at the plc in which I cannot change the and the customer is looking at me. I think Mitsubishi should sell the software direct if their “approved” resellers cannot keep proper records. Jeff G.

Fair point, sorry cant be of more help, Id kick up hell wi mitsi especially if its costing you business. I deal with mitsis main retailer in Scotland and have to say they are well on the ball and have dug me out of a few holes.

I had the same problem a few years back with GPPwin. I bought it through a 'reseller' and he gave me the password number handwritten on a scrap of paper. I queried this method but he assured me that Mitsubishi do it like that. I lost the number and went direct to Mitsubishi - they said it was not registered to me but the reseller. The reseller had since changed his company name and said it was no longer his problem. I also found out that he had pirated the disks and gave them away to customers as an incentive. I mean, how dumb could he get; I go to companies with mitsu plc's and find their software with my number on it. That is how I retrieved my own original number - someone with a copy gave me it. Who knows how many copies of the software with my 'paid for' serial number were out there. When I bought GX dev, I went direct to Mitsu.

I work automation support for a Mitsubishi distributor in NY, and I assure you, your issue is not the first I've ever seen. I dealt with another vendor once and there was an issue with a customer's purchased copy of the software getting posted to the internet... I'm sure you know the customer was pissed. Our computer records and Mitsubishi's should track any current sales for years. We recently installed a complete new mainframe system, and kept the old system online for two years for just that reason. We have since taken it offline, but we do still have hard copies of all purchases and transactions. Personally, I keep a list when we sell software in an Excel sheet. I keep the customer name, phone number, software title, and version number, as well as the customer's PO number for the purchase and our order number for records. This way, when a new version comes out or a patch, I can call all my customers who have purchased the older version and advise them. I DO NOT however keep their serial numbers. Serial numbers are inside the box and I never open the box. I like to keep good records, but not get accused of having private information.

Sorry sharing serial numbers is not allowd sorry Edited by Bart M