Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfkuss

Pv300 To Ml1100 Communications

7 posts in this topic

Greetings all, We are looking to start using the ML1100's in our systems now. We currently use a panelview 300 for HMI. Does anyone know if I can use a 1761-NET-ENI card to connect the DF1 from the PV300 into and then Ethernet to the ML1100. I would like to keep the serial port on the ML1100 free to hook up a modem and be able to dial into this remote site. Thanks Matt

I haven't tested it on with that specific unit, but I have done similar with no problems. If nothing else, I personally would save the money and use DF1 to the PanelView 300 and use the 9300-RADES Ethernet Remote Accesss Dial-Up kit.

hi thr all plc ppl i would also like to know whether i can use the NET-ENI module with th serial port of a ML1100 to convert it to ethernet actually i am lookin to achieve a redundant etherNET connection from a ML1100 ie:- one through its inbuilt ethernet port and other through the NET-ENI converted port. could anybody tell whether its possible also i would like to know that if this can be accomplished then whether messaging can be done through this NET-ENI converted ethernet port waiting for reply Regards Nileshsurya

Yes you can put a NET-ENI on the 1100 serial port. It works the same as putting it on the 1200 serial port. It can send and recieve messages from the serial port through the NET-ENI. You will be limited to 2 incoming, 2 outgoing and 2 other message going either way with the NET-ENI

Actually, I have tried connecting a PV to a Net-eni, but it will not work. That is because the pinouts are different in the PLC and the PV; PLC's have a cross-over pinout, but the PVs have a straight-through pinout. Thus, rendering the NET-ENI useless for trying to use it with the PanelView. One thing you COULD try to use is...obtaining a null modem adapter and then attaching it to the PV cable. Again, I don't know if this will work though.

Yes, you are correct, you have to order the proper cable for the 1761-NET-ENI to Panelview Micro. If have done this with Panelview 600s before and it works fine. I assume the same would be true for the Micro Of course, in his application I agree with Stupidav that he should use the 9300-RADES Ethernet Remote Accesss Dial-Up kit and leave the Panelview connected to Channel 0 Edited by TWControls

I have used the Null Modem adapter with a AB 1761-CBL-PM02 to connect a MicroLogix 1000 to a PanelView 300 with DF1 communications. Null Modem adapters go for around 6 bucks at Radio shack.