Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ByteBuster

Scrolling Display With Clx Or Slc500

7 posts in this topic

I'm making a experience with SLC500 and CLX. First: I wanna make a scrolling display using the status leds(only output modules) from SLC500, to show same messages. You can ask me. Why? The answer is. To show the plc working on automation fair in my city. Second:I wanna make the same thing with a ControlLogix, but I wanna make the scrolling display, using 12 lamps (matrix 4x3). The problem is:I don't have any idea how to do that. TKS for while!!!

have you looked at the SQO instructions? ... pulse one of those with a timer's done bit (etc.) ... set up an interesting on/off pattern of bits in a "file" of words stored in the processor's memory ... use the SQO to send the bit pattern (one word at a time) to the output module ...

Good idea Mr. Beaufort, I'll try to use this instruction. Thanks a lot.

When I went to the Automation Fair in '98, the SLC displays did exactly what you describe. There was an array of output modules (probably not wired to anything external) and the LED matrix scrolled a message across. If you're involved in the automation fair, you could probably get some sample code from A-B for that..

FIFO (FFL,FFU) is what I have used. It allowed me to do multiple messages driven on specific user events.

Mr. Stupidav, can you send me some sample of this ladder, I could make the scrolling messge with SQO instruction but to make one word you should work hard. Another question.: Someone Knows how to link string instructions with SQO or FIFO to send words straight from the keyboard to status file (B3:xx)? TKS for while

Sorry it took so long, I forgot to hit the subscribe check box. Anyways, I wrote up this genaric program, that if you have a SLC 502 + with a 16 point output card you can see how it works. It uses a sequencer and FFL and FFU. In this case I tested it on a 502 with a OW16 in slot 3. You can contact me if you have any questions. Hope this helps. TestUnit.RSS