Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben

Cps Files

4 posts in this topic

Hi there, I recently installed CX-one V1.1 (CX-programmer 6.1) and was trying to configure an I/O table. To my surprise, I couldn't find C200HW-SRM-V1 listed under Unit Types. I believe this is the latest version of CX-programmer and the Compobus master I'm trying to use is used since long. It however has some recent modules like CS1W-ETN21, CS1W-MCH71 etc. Anyway I tried to search for CPS files on Omron knowledgebase and on Mr.PLC download sections, but in vein. Can anybody guide me where to serach for? Also, on the point I would like to understand importance of identyfying correct module on each slot. I used CQM-1H before and it wasn't bothered about what type of module you install/uninstall on rack! That is not true in case of AB or Siemens. Hardware configuration is pretty much your start up point of Programming.

Firstly. The easiest way to create the IO table is by goning online to the PLC and say create..... IF you want to manually create the IO table then for an SRM1 the following is applcable (unfortunatly they just regard it as C series special IO. Too make sure that you have 256 bits avail (128 in 128 out) set the following

By creating an IO table, the address symbol can indicate if it is an input or output, and it can help you avoid to have address clashes later. Secondly, if an IO table is created in the PLC the PLC will recognise if a wrong module is inserted. Personally I would create the IO table. (either manually or online).

CPS files are only for CS/CJ I/O modules. C200H-SRM21-V1 is a C series module. No need for a CPS file.