Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Nelson

Rsview 32 7.1

8 posts in this topic

hello fellow guru's here is my issue rsview is giving an error when trying to install saying "not enough disk space on target drive". went to AB KB and it says unlock the desktop. how do i unlock the desktop? if it is the one under desktop > properties > desktop tab > customise desktop > web tab.. then it isnt locked.......here is the AB KB on the error which is totaly useless E105853870 - "Not enough disk space on target drive while attempting to copy files" Cause: Desktop Lock was enabled when RSView32 was being installed. Solution: Disable Desktop Lock, then install RSView32. using windows xp pro sp2 and rsview32 7.10

I thought the desktop lock was what occured when your screen saver started and you have to "log on" to unlock it. Did this occure while you were installing? If so, go to the display properties and disable the screen saver and retry.

Hello Ken, my screen saver is disabled and anything that would interupt installation should be off. there is approx 25 gigs of free space so i know i have the room. and it stops in the same place every time on the percent bar. i doesnt do this on an identical computer. an older version (6.5 ) does the same thing on this specific computer. i wonder what could be the difference in this one and the other computer, that is stopping it from installing on this one? thanks david

A quick search on google reveals that Desktop lock is a stand alone security program, that would explain the difference in the PC's, one has it, and one doesn't. Sounds like you have this 3rd party software running on the PC, and it does not allow software installation. Try installing something else, and see if that works, then you can rule out RSView as a single problem.

everything else i install seems to work fine ... i have tried everything i know except reinstall windows and make rsview the first thing to go on it....i wished rockwell would give a little bit better info on this...maybe some one else has seen this before and will tell us the secretto make it install. david

I am going through an "upgrade" to CPR7. Seems as if the only way to get rockwell's software to work properly is to start from scratch and do a fresh install. This is the second upgrade with similar results. Rockwell software is like a cancer with bits a pieces all over the place and only certain bits play well together. Too bad they do not test before shipping. Another day wasted with tech support and I am back to my original plan.

sound as though we are in the same boat hakko. i just dont understand why it reacts differently on two pc's that are pretty much identical. but as i have learned in the past, sometimes the only way to get the desired results is to indeed start fresh with everything. good luck to you hakko. and thanks to you guys for trying to help

Perhaps the desktop lock they are referring to is the Rockwell Utility Desktop Lock ( see tech note in knowledge base R9117 - Utility - Desktop Lock for Windows 2000). This is mentioned in another technote on the Knowledge Base E105853870 - "Not enough disk space on target drive while attempting to copy files"