Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smo

Using Excel To Get Data From Omron Cj1m Plc

9 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get data from Omron CJ1M plc, using ethernet, to my laptop using Excel spreadsheet Setup dde link as per allan bradley. Instead of data when I run the macro, it displays, #Bad Project. can anyone help me smo Edited by smo

Hello smo, Are you using the Omron CX-Communications control within your spreadsheet? I don't know how A-B works, so I can't comment on your set-up within Excel. A little more info, and I may be able to give you some pointers. Regards anonymous

Hi anonymous what is Omron CX-Communications control, and how do you set it up cheers Eddie

Hello Eddie, Oh Boy... An Omron CX-Communication control is an add-in OCX that will allow Excel (amongst others) to communicate with an Omron PLC via a CX-Server (*.cdm) project. You can check to see if you have Omron communications control(s) installed by opening the 'Control Toolbox' in Excel, then click on 'More Controls'. Scroll down the list until you get to the Omron section. If installed, there should be things like "CX-Communications Control" or "CX-OPC Communications Control" or "CX-Supervisor Communications Control". If these are not present in the list, then you will need one of three things installed on your PC - CX-Server Lite, CX-Server OPC or CX-Supervisor. Setting this up is relatively straight forward, but I'll wait for your response (regarding the controls) before I go any further... Regards anonymous

Hello You can see an example to add values (DM100) in a Excel sheet using Cx-Server DDE Manager in this web: http://www.infoplc.net/Ejemplos/Ejem_Omron...m_Omron_DDE.htm

Great info there infoplc.net

Look here http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=7220 for a nice little example from last month. Sounds like the *.cdm file may be missing or wrongly named/specified

BenBrad ... The .cdm file is missing however it is easy to create a new one using the editor with the CX-Server DDE manager. The file will need to contain two tags, one digital, one word. The spreadsheet shows the original tag details, file names and locations etc. I posted the spreadsheet as it contains example VB to show how to write to a PLC using the CX-Server DDE Manager and Excel. You need to be careful using DDE/Excel if your tag count is high, as it can be slow! (not sure why) There are some ways to help improve this. Nibroc Edited by Nibroc

This, I believe, sounds like the *.cdm file may be missing or wrongly named/specified