Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
botteman

Strange Printout With Rsl500 V6.0.0

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to print out a ladder file using RSLogix 500 v 6.00.00 (running on XP Pro) and a Brother HL-1440 laser printer. When I print the ladder with the Brother printer properties set for 600 dpi resolution (normal setting), all the text (in both the ladder file and the header/footer) print out normal size and darkness, but the instruction symbols, branches, and other lines are so faint that they're almost too light to see them. When I reduce the printer resolution to 300 dpi, the symbols, lines and ladder text print out normal size and darkness, but the header and footer print out in a huge font size, the letters being almost a quarter inch tall! The Brother printer is not out of toner and I've never seen this kind of thing when printing with any other application. When I send the printout to a pdf converter (PDF995) first, then print it on the Brother, I get the same results EXCEPT that the header/footer is so SMALL and light that they can't be read. (They show up small and light in the adobe reader view also.) When printing directly to a borrowed HP laserjet, the ladder seems to print out just fine. Does this sound like a printer driver problem or a bug in RSL? Is there some place in RSL to set the font and size for the header/footer? Finally, how can I disable printing of the header/footer?

You should be able to modify all of those settings in RSLogix. Go to FILE>REPORT OPTIONS. You should have a project tree of folders down the left-side of the screen. You can open the Headers and Footers folder and turn them off. There is also a separate Fonts folder. I am using RSLogix V 7.0; I don't exactly remember the layout of V 6.0, so it may be a little different.

Is it possible that the printer is set to grayscale rather than B/W? I have had problems with some printers printing certain colors very light.

I'm not familiar with your hardware, but if all else fails, you might try this: I've had some success in the past with going through all of the "colors" in the "Report Options/Setup" screens and setting everything (I repeat EVERYTHING) for a black foreground and a white background ... it seems that some things (like the normally blue rungs and instructions) have a way of coming out very light on some printers ... final hint ... IF (big IF) you find something that works, then WRITE IT DOWN! and tape it to the printer ... if you're anything like me, you'll forget all of those nifty settings long before you need them again ... good luck ...