Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimWilborne

Overhead Crane Remotes

17 posts in this topic

We are having some trouble with our current brand of remote that we use on our overhead cranes. We bought a new crane and it had a Remtron remote on it. They are 3 motion, single speed remotes. Does anyone have any other manufacturers they would suggest?

We have Hubbell/Femco remotes on two of our EOT cranes, have been very trouble-free over the last five years. Most failures have been attributed to the old 35+ year old EC&M magnetics, and not the remote system.

We usually use TeleRadio (http://www.tele-radio.com). Perhaps their controls are to simple for your purposes (I'm not really sure) but it is what we usually use when we need a remote. Edited by TERdON

No, they look like what I am looking for. Crowbar - I'm having trouble finding the hubbell/femco remote on the internet. Do you know a link

Here's the link for Hubbell Industrial Controls - http://www.hubbell-icd.com/

These guys do a pretty good job of remotes.Control Chief

Yes, we have around 30 Control Chief, SC1400, remotes and we have had great service with them until recently. We are having some quality issues with their manufacturing so I am doing a little looking around. Think I am going to try a couple of the Remtron remotes. The crane operator that runs the on that has it on it seems to like it.

It seems a little late, but I've used these folks and like their stuff... http://www.bwieagle.com/remote_controls.htm

Never too late. Thanks for the link. I am always looking for something better

Have you looked at Cattron. Last I heard they were located in the Pittsburgh, Pa area. I have seen and used a couple of their remote crane controls.

I haven't been able to locate Catron. Does anyone have link?

Here is a good example of the problems we have been having with the remotes lately. Look at the circled object in the bottom right hand corner of the picture. It is a little hard to make out, but it is a bolt that holds in the transformer that the arrow is pointing to. The bolt was loose and feel off, bouncing around the back of the circuit board and burning it up

http://www.cattron.com/

Cool link crowbar... Thanks Chris ?

Ok, Cattron is the parent company of Remtron, which is the remote that was on the crane we had purchased. I ordered and installed two of them a few weeks ago, they work great. Excellent suggestion Sleepy Wombat - Where did the Chris come from?

I miss read crowbar as crossbow..doh!!!!

Are you looking overhead crane supplier in Texas, USA? Advanced Overhead Crane is one of the best overhead crane services companies. We have specialization in Inspection, Testing, Service, and repair of overhead cranes, Hoists, and related material handling equipment, vacuum lifting, etc. 

Address:22531 FM 2100
Crosby, Texas 77532
Email id: aocs@advancedoverheadcrane.com
Contact Us: +1 281-324-3392