Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

E-mailed question: RSVIEW windows ontop control?

2 posts in this topic

Here where I work I have a situation where we upgraded a PC running an RSVIEW32 application. The old system was Windows 95 (or possibly NT) and an older version of RSView32. The upgraded computer is a Pentium 4 running Windows 2000. This RSView application calls up some documentation that uses Wordpad to display some fault analysis. On the old system this popped to the foreground. On the Windows 2000 system it pops to the background and this is hard to get at due to the RSVIEW application hogging the desktop. You have to know how to get to the toolbar. I found on the internet how you can go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, Performance Options, and set up the Application Response to Background but that doesn't do anything for me. It seems that RSVIEW has a setup to pop things to the background but since I am to go to school in September on this, I need to know something now so I can install this new system. Got any thoughts on this? John T. Goodman Electrical Engineer, C-Process Konica Manufacturing USA, Inc.

Here is the solution to the above problem: http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/appl...FC?OpenDocument